Classical

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

If that were so, atoga, and I listened exclusively to classical music - I'd be glad I am unconcerned by the negative presumptions of others on such trivial levels. :drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah, but you don't (I hope), you aren't, and you're probably very drunk. Tens of thousands of black jazz musicians can't be wrong - don't be so fucking square.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

atoga wrote:Tens of thousands of black jazz musicians can't be wrong
Why not?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

OMG ARR U RACIST OR SOMETHING
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Square, atoga? That stung ! Really, it did . . . It only takes minor discipline to dismiss the insults and unwarranted criticisms of others, or so I find. If the buzzing of the gnats pertains to music at the time, so be it. At the end of the day I enjoy music for what it is, genre means very little to me.

As for being drunk, I haven't even touched alcohol in over six months, sadly (though you'll probably not believe that, I'm ambivalent about that too, huzzah!) :drunk:
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

atoga wrote:OMG ARR U RACIST OR SOMETHING
No, I just don't underestimate human stupidity
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Blargh wrote:Square, atoga? That stung ! Really, it did . . . It only takes minor discipline to dismiss the insults and unwarranted criticisms of others, or so I find. If the buzzing of the gnats pertains to music at the time, so be it. At the end of the day I enjoy music for what it is, genre means very little to me.
So: do you actually have a point, or what? That was already established.
Som Guy wrote:No, I just don't underestimate human stupidity
{tired old quote about Darwinism and the gene pool goes here}

STFU PLZ
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

atoga wrote:So: do you actually have a point, or what? That was already established.
Apparently so, yet you established the need for repetition nonetheless. What was that WOOSH noise I just heard, I wonder ? No matter, I'd imagine (and hope) my point exists now, at the very least. :drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Oh shut up already, not giving a shit isn't a "point". :blotto:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

That's the way atoga, blame me for your lack of insight. So out of character . . .

Moving along, is it the limit of one genre that lends the air of pretentiousness, or the fact that it is classical music, in your opinion ? :drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Care to spell it out? The way you hijack threads is really quite annoying.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

*laughs*

Strange, as it was you who raised the 'exclusive classical listening = pretension' issue. And there I was attempting to return this topic to something resembling it's original focus, how naive of me. :drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Aloofness over the internet = pretension as well, hadn't you figured that one out? Anyway, I think insulting Franz has a lot to do with the thread. I like classical (and stuff) but I think the whole mentality behind going down on classical while being condescending to other fairly legit forms of music is idiotic.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Gods, can't you muster something at least could possibly be vaguely hurtful ? If not, why bother ? There is a considerable difference between knowledge of one's opinions, and curiousity regarding the opinions of another. OT aside, I'd tend to agree with your sentiments regarding 'going down on classical'. Utterly huzzah. :drunk:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I've never been condescending to ANY form of music, ever. Except for Hiphop, Pop-rock, and other aural excrement. So blow me.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Gladly.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You've been condescending to me though, Franz D:
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

Uhm, I listened to Ekseption 5 when I was younger, and Dave Edmunds version of "Sabre Dance" still rocks.
Other than that I only get it through old cartoons. Fantasia is great.
Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
Corpse
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Corpse »

Wagner's Ring, Beethoven's Symphonies especially the 9th, Bach's Toccatta and Fugue and the Passacaglia and some of Vivaldi's concertos remain amongst my favourite pieces. Apart from that I listen to pretty much anything from Jazz to Death Metal with the exception of cheesy pop, rap or hip hop and BTW, I am not racist. I hate everyone equally!

Post by Guest »

Who says children can't appreciate Classical music?
Indeed. When I was a kid, I loved classical. Don't really know why.

My favorite was Tchaikovsky. I was obsessed with The Nutcracker.
Our Host!