fable and its dropped features

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

fable and its dropped features

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4793

Silly kids, you don't need anything but RPG Codex to tell you a game sucks.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I'm too lazy to read all of that, but I'm way let down by Molneaux. My friend beat Fable in 9 hours of gameplay or so. Kinda like Morrowwind I guess? A lot of side questing and an ass-short main plot.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

Some pretty funny stuff on the Lionhead forum. One guy suggesting that you return your game for a refund if you thought it sucked. That broke me up laughing.

Unfortunately, it does suck that you cannot return any software for a refund nowadays. If you think a game sucks because marketting was making up all kinds of BS, then I would expect a refund back for my game. It is worse that since you cannot get any money back, that you are rewarding developers that half-ass made a game. Instead of supporting developers who put out a worthy, albeit slightly obscure product, you ended up supporting a bunch of management asshats.

Piracy isn't good for an industry, but it is becoming my alternative to testing out a game to see if it is worth purchasing. Demos are increasingly becoming rare as games increase in complexity, making it more economically feasible to make up a bunch of BS in marketting instead of releasing a demo for the public to try before buying. Not saying a demo is a panacea to the publics problem in choosing wether to buy a peice of software or not, but it is a Hell of a lot better than just getting ass rammed with a bunch of advertising that tells us this product will do everything, including giving you a blow job upon installation.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

I agree with the idea of playing ripped versions of games to get the idea of whether it's worth actually buying.

For years now game demos have declined to the point where you might as well be viewing an interactive commercial for the game.

All the games I've ever bought I thought were generally worthwhile expendatures. Fallout, Fallout 2, FOT (bargain bin). OFP, Jagged alliance 2/ UB. Myth 2. Die by the sword/LFL.
Last edited by Burnov on Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Burnov wrote:I agree with the idea of playing ripped versions of games to get the idea of whether it's worth actually buying.
it's the only way to go
does this work
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Spazmo wrote:http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4793

I wouldn't listen to you assholes after Rex posted a thread about how much Silent Storm Sentinels sucks.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Yeah, sure, Rex is a tool, but that thread is a total bullshit cockmonger Fable fanboy--Quigs--trying to defend the game against another guy--errorcode--who was a QA tester on the game for Microsoft and was explaining how all the cool shit had been cut. This all was posted before release, too.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

It's on a console. I'm heavily biased against consoles even though I own one. However I'm of the firm belief that there are certain game genres that are proven to be best suited for each platform. Fable does not sound like such a game best played on a console.

I bought my PS2 because It was cheaper than buying a Tekken Tag Tournament cabinet at the time and I'd spent countless quarters in arcade on that game until that point.

Fighting games are definitely the territory of consoles. I've -never- enjoyed a single console RPG. Sports and racing games are usually best suited for consoles. However with the exception of games like Mafia and GTA since I refuse to part with the pinpoint accuracy of mouse control when shooting.

Platformers and shooters (with the exception of 3rd person and first person) are usually best played on a console.

I particularly despise the shitbox for attempting to horn in on a market that was primarily reserved for PC games. The result? Games like FO:BOS and Morrowind were created because companies have figured out it's more lucrative to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

It's silly how every one of four threads ends in console-bashing. We should have an official thread for this or something. :drunk:
Serious Business.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

It's a console game. Everybody should have seen this coming.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Devs have tried that evolve type thing before but they all seemed to fail
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Played fable for the first time yesterday (only came out yesterday down under). Wasn't too impressed with the lack of dialogue options.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Too bad I'm not buying an Xbox.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:
Spazmo wrote:http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4793

I wouldn't listen to you assholes after Rex posted a thread about how much Silent Storm Sentinels sucks.
Rex doesnt count. He's a retard when it comes to games.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Consoles have their time and place, though I personally like RPGs on Computer. PS2 is slick, I have a burning hatred for XBox.

So Fable sucked after all, eh?
Our Host!