Fallout 2 Save Game Editor?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Fionavar
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout 2 Save Game Editor?

Post by Fionavar »

I forgot to get the quest from the NCR Hubologist and I was wondering if there is anyway to enable it with an existing editor perhaps?
The Road to Violence (Mahatma Ghandi):
Wealth without work - Pleasure without conscience - Knowledge without character -
Commerce without morality - Science without humanity - Worship without sacrifice -
Politics without principle

Geckling Diaries: The Tech Files
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hmm, I don't think there's a save game editor able to edit the flags / variables for the quests... FALCHE does the trick if you need to play around with skills, abilities and shit like that, though.
Fionavar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Fionavar »

Yeah I have Falche, I was just wondering if someone had done the same with quests ... ah well I know I am not missing much, but you know how it is when you replay ;)
Wealth without work - Pleasure without conscience - Knowledge without character -
Commerce without morality - Science without humanity - Worship without sacrifice -

Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

NCR Hubologist quest? only thing that comes to mind is either the zeta scan or the assassination.
Fionavar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Fionavar »

You can get a delivery quest I thought to the San Fran Hubologist?

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, that's only +- 500 xp, if I remember correctly.
Fionavar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Fionavar »

Yeah it's not so much the amount, as it is the replay immersion ...of course that could very well be my own neurosis ;)

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've managed to screw it up several times myself. It requires very strict following of a specific dialogue tree to get the god damn quest in the first place.

I say you ditch it. It'll save you a lot of gray hairs.
Fionavar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Fionavar »

Yeah you are probably right - that is why I was looking for a 'tweak' - hell I've moved on in the game ... though I chose to take MErk out instead of the Hubologist ... needless killing is so passe ;)

Our Host!