Worst weapon anybody?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Worst weapon anybody?

Post by Jimbo san »

What do you reckon is the crappiest/most pointless gun in FO2?
I vote for the Shiv! It has no use! And so is USELESS! Curse those unfinished bits and bugs!
Of course the energy weapons were quite naff too...
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Not that this is really a use, but you can wear the Shiv in NCR and the guards won't complain... Otherwise you can sell those you find...

And it's not a gun :p
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

For guns, the Pipe Rifle had the most disadvantages, and thus would be considered the worst gun. As for melee weapons, i'd say a wrench. As for throwing, well pretty much everything that aren't grenades :)

If we're talking most disliked weapons, Bozar would definetely take first place. Probably because i'm not a big fan of "Big Guns", but i still think it was misplaced, plus it's supposed to be a sniper rifle, not the most powerful minigun. Although the Gauss Rifle was a rather ridicolously powerful weapon as well.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Don't you be knockin' da Pipe Rifle, mon. It is the true wepon of the pitiful beaten post-nuclear world. I know it sucks, but the fact that it's Fallout justifies it. :)

The gun I really hated was the Needler Pistol. Come on, what kind of lame gun is that?
Red

Post by Red »

I so many more powerful guns weren't as readely available, the pipe rifle migth have it's place in FO2...
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

DJ Slamák wrote:Don't you be knockin' da Pipe Rifle, mon. It is the true wepon of the pitiful beaten post-nuclear world. I know it sucks, but the fact that it's Fallout justifies it. :)
Never in my life would i diss thee Pipe Rifle. It is, along with the Hunting Rifle, BB Gun and .223 Pistol, my all-time favorite weapon. The question asked in the thread was about the worst gun, and technically it is the worst gun, but post-apocalyptically, it definately derserves better than to be rendered useless before it was even found :x
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

Plant spikes from spore plants.

1-2 damage, thrown only...c'mon....

Throwing knives....sharpened sticks from the temple do about as much damage.

Brass knuckles...you can actually find spiked knuckles that do much more damage first.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
Red

Post by Red »

Well the plant spikes aren't really YOUR weapons, but the plants, so it has it's use, just not for you.

THe throwing knives? Well, you don't find enough of them and those you find are way too late in the game... And as you mention they don't do a lot of damage... They should be improved for LR attacks.

As for the kuckles, well, the problem is that they give you the option of having the SPiked ones way too soon in the game but shouldn't...
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I hated it how you couldn't sell plant spores, although you could sell rocks.
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

Post by Sc0pE »

rocks or plant spores, and the pipe rifle...
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I hate The Pancor. The picture is soooooooo shitty....CAWS and CS goes, but not Pancor....and tha Pulse pistol is also pretty useless for it's no good range.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I hate all the real-world weapons.
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

I love the magnum with the speed loader if you get it early enought its the best there is... And the SMG rocks too (i love bursting robbers)
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Red wrote:THe throwing knives? Well, you don't find enough of them and those you find are way too late in the game...
Every time I play and first time I enter these towns in FO2, I find:

Klamath = 5-15 throwing knives
Den = 5-20 throwing knives
Modoc = 10-30 throwing knives
Devil_Starr666
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Worst gun

Post by Devil_Starr666 »

I think the most peice of shit gun of FO2 is the pulse rifle. Dont get me wrong I love energy weapons but the pulse rifle has no place in FO2. My all time favorite weapon is the turbo plasma rifle. :evil:
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Kashluk wrote: Every time I play and first time I enter these towns in FO2, I find:

Klamath = 5-15 throwing knives
Den = 5-20 throwing knives
Modoc = 10-30 throwing knives
Eh? You sure about this? I think those numbers are a bit on the high end.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Well, those are the figures just about what I have encountered.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Red

Post by Red »

Well, do you mean buy them? As I don't remmeber having so many knives, and given you stole them on people, you'd always find the same number (unless I missed some on addicts in the Den). The "random" NPCs might have some, but the "classical" ones always have the same items, which is why I doubt those figures, as previously I've always stolen everything I could from them, and don't remember finding as many...

However I never really payed attention to how many I had and probably sold them pretty soon, so you might be right...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well does it have anything to do with the fact, that the last time I wanted to play FO2, I wanted a quickie and chose the EASY difficulty level (yes, I'm very ashamed of that)?

The numbers aren't too high, not at all... I also sold all of the throwing knives I got in the beginning of the game and usually bought both Sulik and Vic free with the money I got from 'em :P
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

In Klamath, i've managed to find 2 in the bookcase in the "Blades" building, and 2 more on the black guy walking around town. I'm not sure if the merchants have throwing knives every time, but the Buckner woman you can trade with had 3 for sale, and Sajag in the Golden Gecko had 4. That's 11 in Klamath.

But where in the Den and in Modoc do you find so many throwing knives? There's 2 throwing knives in Jonathan Pease's grave, if you don't mind the gravedigger perk, but that's about it.

BTW, the difficulty level of the game only effects your skills (i think), and nothing else.
Our Host!