Fucked up video player

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Kashluk

Fucked up video player

Post by Kashluk »

Hi

I'm using BSPlayer right now and I've seen some really really weird bugs with it. The player is capable of running all kinds of video files there are, but all of a sudden most videos decided to go "super-speed"... You know, occasional jumps forward and so on. That means I can watch a 5 min video in less than 30 seconds. Not good.

The problem is getting even weirder - When I'm playing winamp in the background, the super-speed suddenly disappears and I can see the videos at normal speed! If I stop or pause a track, the super-speed will go on again.

Help? I tried the forum.bsplayer.org but all they could really tell me was to call the exorcist right away.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Right now I only got the latest DivX installed.

And I'm finding new sides of this problem all the time... If I play one movie on DivX player and another in BSPlayer, the BSPlayer one works fine. If I pause or stop the Divx player fine, it stops working again. DivX player plays all .avis just fine, without any problem. But the "super-speed" is all there when I try to use BSPlayer or WMP9.

Help? I'm feeling desperate.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Don't use BSPlayer
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

FUCK

Now I figured it out. FOR FUCK SAKES DEAR JESUS CHRIST OMG LOLLORZ

My sound card drivers have the option to choose between 96 and 48 KHz output. The 48 was chosen when it was supposed to be 96. Now everything works fine FOR CHRIST'S SAKE I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHAT'S WRONG FOR NEARLY A MONTH NOW.

I suck. The end.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Nice conclusion there.
Zed
Respected
Respected

Post by Zed »

use VLC player and stop whining
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Ive been using BSplayer for awhile now and its alright. Hows VLC?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!