animu thread

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

animu thread

Post by Gimp Mask »

i've been going full otaku this past week and have "binge-watched" a bunch of anime shows, some of them are literally pretty good. i enjoyed one punch man the most because it was only 2 seasons and it was not very serious. what are your favourite animes and why ;)
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Re: animu thread

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'm hoping the animation of OPM's season 3 will be better. The writing still does a good job of sticking with the source material, though, but it's following the official manga instead of the original webcomic. If you liked OPM you should watch Mob Psycho 100, it's written by the same author and is only three seasons long from beginning to end, it's also really well done animation wise.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I'll give it a go, thanks!
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Here's what bingbot said, it has a stroke at the end unfortunately.

• Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: A mecha action that follows a rebellious prince who gains a supernatural power that allows him to control anyone's actions. It has a rating of 8.6 on IMDb (imdb.com) and 8.72 on MyAnimeList (myanimelist.net).

• One Punch Man: A comedy action that parodies the superhero genre by featuring a bored hero who can defeat any enemy with one punch. It has a rating of 8.8 on IMDb (imdb.com) and 8.59 on MyAnimeList (myanimelist.net).

• Your Lie in April: A romantic drama that centers on a piano prodigy who lost his ability to play after his mother's death and a violinist who helps him rediscover his passion for music. It has a rating of 8.6 on IMDb (imdb.com) and 8.58 on MyAnimeList (myanimelist.net).

• My Hero Academia: A superhero action that depicts a world where most people have superpowers called quirks and follows a quirkless boy who dreams of becoming a hero like his idol. It has a rating of 8.5 on IMDb (imdb.com) and 8.32 on MyAnimeList (myanimelist.net).

• Hunter x Hunter: A fantasy adventure that follows a young boy who wants to become a hunter, an elite profession that involves exploring the unknown and facing dangerous creatures and enemies. It has a rating of 9 on IMDb (imdb.com) and 9.07 on MyAnimeList (myanimelist.net).

• Naruto: A ninja action that follows an orphaned boy who harbors a powerful beast inside him and strives to become the leader of his village and gain recognition from his peers. It has a rating of 8.3 on IMDb (imdb.com) and 7.88 on MyAnimeList (myanimelist.net).

• Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: A dark fantasy action that follows a young boy who becomes a demon slayer after his family is killed by demons and his sister is turned into one. It has a rating of 8.7 on IMDb (imdb.com) and 8.54 on MyAnimeList (myanimelist.net).

• Spirited Away: A fantasy adventure film that tells the story of a girl who wanders into a magical world where she must work at a bathhouse for spirits to save her parents who have been turned into pigs by an evil witch. It has

a rating of 8.6 on IMDb (imdb.com) and 8.83 on MyAnimeList (myanimelist.net).
• One Piece: A pirate adventure that follows the journey of Monkey D.Luffy, who aims to find the legendary treasure One Piece and become the king of pirates with his crewmates.It has

a rating of 8.7on IMDb [ ^3 ^ ]and9 .08onMyAnimeList [ ^2 ^ ] .
-Gintama :A comedyactionthatparodiesthehistoricalgenrebyfeaturingasamuraiwhoworksasajack-of-all-tradesinaworldwherealienshavetakenoverEdo-periodJapan.Ithasa
ratingof9onIMDb [ ^3 ^ ]and9 .16onMyAnimeList [ ^2 ^ ] .
-JoJo'sBizarreAdventure :A supernaturalactionthatfollowstheadventuresoftheJoestarfamilywhopossessauniquepowercalledStandsthatmanifestastheirextensions.It
hasaratingof8 .4onIMDb [ ^3 ^ ]and7 .97onMyAnimeList [ ^2 ^ ] .
-Re:Zero−StartingLifeinAnotherWorld :Aisekai(fantasyworld)thrillerthatfollowsashut-inwhoisrepeatedlytransportedtoanotherworldwherehediesandresetsuntilhefindsawaytosurvive.It
hasaratingof7 .9onIMDb [ ^3 ^ ]and7 .98onMyAnimeList [ ^2 ^ ] .
-TokyoGhoul :Adarkfantasyhorrorthatcentersonauniversitystudentwhobecomesahalf-human,half-goulhybridafterbeingattackedbyagoul,a flesh-eatingcreaturethathunts humans.It
hasaratingof7 .9onIMDb [ ^3 ^ ]and7 .81onMyAnimeList [ ^2 ^ ] .
-ThePromisedNeverland :Apsychological
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

cheers mang, i'm watching dennister's recommendation right now, but i have downloaded tokyo ghoul and gintama as well, should keep me busy enough to avoid studying for a while :salute: ghibli stuff is always good ofc
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

That's cool
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

nothing cooler than a middle-aged otaku wannabe for sure, kiai! as the orientals say
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

SenisterDenister wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:29 amMob Psycho 100
I'm now on season two and it's one of the best TV shows I've seen in a long while, thanks a lot for recommending it! :la:
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

:afro:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Okay so I've watched a whole bunch of shit this year, some good shit as well, I highly recommend watching Ping Pong, neat style, great animation, good soundtrack, nice character development and it's only 11 episodes too so you can watch it over the weekend, hth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItlDaDfLBn8
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22135/Pin ... _Animation

edit: based on the trailer the dub is shit
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

That Cyberpunk Animu was pretty good. I liked it. That is all.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i liked it too
Our Host!