stupid fallout experiences............

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Good thing i never patched then
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Hell, I don't even know what the patch fixes, except from killing your previous saves(one of the reasons I never installed the patch). I kinda learned to dodge the most critical bugs or I reloaded a previous save. The patch doesn't even fix the Hubologist spaceship ending. On the other hand, it probably doesn't hurt to install the patch, but I always thought bugs were an essential part of the Fallout 2 experience. :rolleyes:
balstrome
SDF!
SDF!

Post by balstrome »

If I may, I would like to propose that getting trapped in a spot by a NPC, should be called "getting Ian'ed"
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

*edit*

My most embarrasing moment with fallout was about 30 seconds ago.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
FalloutDude
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FalloutDude »

Mine was in Vault 15 where the rocks block the way into the Overseer's room and tried to blow it with Dynomite and after using it(it stayed in my inventory)thinking it had stayed on the ground walked back to watch it explode and then KABOOM!! My body parts went flying all over the place.
Sincerely,
FalloutDude
Flotsam
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Flotsam »

My stupidest Fallout experience? The great Reno war. I started a fight with the Salvatores, and high tailed it out after I started to come out on the short end of the stick.I dashed out into the street, and one of the salvatore thugs nailed a hooker with a laser shot.

This caused the entire area to become hostile, and one of the pimps missed and hit a Mordino thug. This little Salvatore bar shootout turned Virgin street into an allout warzone, with BOTH mob familes decimated, and the pimps and whores of the area turned iinto a mush with the crossfire of tommy guns and laser pistols.

Woohoo!
enhanced mule
SDF!
SDF!

Post by enhanced mule »

Flotsam wrote:My stupidest Fallout experience? The great Reno war. I started a fight with the Salvatores, and high tailed it out after I started to come out on the short end of the stick.I dashed out into the street, and one of the salvatore thugs nailed a hooker with a laser shot.

This caused the entire area to become hostile, and one of the pimps missed and hit a Mordino thug. This little Salvatore bar shootout turned Virgin street into an allout warzone, with BOTH mob familes decimated, and the pimps and whores of the area turned iinto a mush with the crossfire of tommy guns and laser pistols.

Woohoo!
It gets real crazy when that happens. You have to wait like 5 min for your next turn.

My stupidest experience was getting killed by the radscorpions in the Temple of Trials. Don't know how I managed that. :?
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

My dumbest fallout moment was when I started playing fallout 1, I never used my skill points because I didn't realize they were there so I just nabbed a perk and kept going. Yes I missed most my shots with everygun and also I never succeeded at dialogue or survival tests. :/ I got a rocket launcher and my party at the time happened to be in hand to hand combat with mutants I figured with my heft 30% in heavy weapons I could hit the mutants coming behind my party. Instead I missed and hit Ian which in turn splattermarized Tycho and shankizzlemenated Dogmeat. I from then on made sure I actually invested points into the skills after I bothered to read the manual.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Where the hell did you come from?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Texas. Go figure.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Frankly, I am not surprised by Janus' latest contribution. Not at all. Not even shocked. :drunk:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Janus is the smartest Texan I have ever known.
Flotsam
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Flotsam »

I'm a better Texan then he is. I never blew apart my party with a stray rocket. Just cut Ian and Katja in half with a badly aimed laser minigun burst.
Xion
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Xion »

the stupidest thing for me was when i stayed playin for the whole game and beat it and didnt save it then in a mantis encounter i was in withdrawel of jet and they killed me
I would put something here but i dont know what.... HEY! I did put somthing here whoa now Im confused
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

This isn't so much stupid as weird.

I took marcus as an NPC after doing all the prerequisite actions thenproceeded to annihilate all life in the town. The next time I tried to tell him to wait somewhere, after about 3 secs hed open fire on me. Go figure.
does this work
TheShodan
Regular
Regular

Post by TheShodan »

When Marcus killed the tradewagon master when I was going from Vault City to NCR. I had to restart like 6 times because he just couldn't resist when 10 friendlies were standing in front of him.
Matt_Helm
Glutton Creeper designer

Post by Matt_Helm »

My worst mistake was giving Ian a machine pistol before I got power armour, of course in the very next fight he cut me in half with so called friendly fire.
-Do we have anything resembling a plan?
Dovla
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dovla »

Getting ready for the endgame I decided to level up by killing the deathclaws (going for lvl 18 and the Sniper perk) in LA. With Tycho, Ian and Dogmeat in tow I went from lvl 15 or 16 to 18 (a LOT of deathclaws, that is) when I exited the map and noticed that Dogmeat was nowhere to be found! My guess is that it was the laser gatling and the darkness :( Having kept him alive throughout the Military Base that just wouldn't do -> reload and endless deathclaw killing again.

In my first game I also managed to not notice all the skill points I've acumulated. Also, while playing the F1 demo I got so frustrated when I got the minigun but couldn't hit a raider standing two feet from me that it put me off the game until F2 came out. On the positive side, F1 was pretty patched up by then.
SearchingForFriends
Respected
Respected

Post by SearchingForFriends »

fallout1: first time i saw the game i was like, wh00ts this for shit graphics? my eyes getting pixelated. i tried to search for better graphic settings, but i couldn´t find any buttons, so i was like, jeah its a boring day, so lets play it. after leaving my vault, didn´t even knew, that that behind me is the vault door. later i found out, that you can go in. shady sands, was my first love. i saw it, it was terrific. I saw... I saw.... PEOPLES!! i really thought shooting rats is the mainpart of the game. yeah after doing all the quests in shady sands i have shot them all dead. Jeah and i told some Mutant where my Vault is. B)

fallout2: broken hills: i had my first sexuell expierience with a mutant.
Nominar karous Rageia.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

SearchingForFriends wrote:
fallout2: broken hills: i had my first sexuell expierience with a mutant.

ball gag
Our Host!