stupid fallout experiences............

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

stupid fallout experiences............

Post by fallout ranger »

So.................

Post your stupidest fallout 1/2 experience, I'll start off.

When I first got fallout, I had it in the jewel case, thus preventing me from having either manual. I played through the game without trouble, until V15. In the room with the lockers(the overseer's level) I was CORNERED by a mole rat. I had used every AP but one, so I couldn't do anything. I was ao new to it that I knew nothing of the "turn" button. I hadn't saved so I had to start a new game. I only wish the game was still that new to me.

That was my dumbest fallout experience. Yours?
does this work
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

haha

Mine was probably not knowing you could aim at certain body parts, cause i never looked at the manual.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I didn't find out about the quick keys before I had completed it 3+ times ( I got FO2 first, bundled software ). Accidently pressed F1 once and *WHADAM* whole lot of useful information.

There's a bunch of other stuff, I was pretty noob when I started playing Fallout. Well, I couldn't really understand shit of the complex English (I must've been something like fucking 12) so I mostly just clicked dialogue options randomly. Curious results.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I didn't miss anything of FO and never looked dumb playing it because I'm an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent entity which sees, knows everything.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Everything includes Goatses and Cosplays, you know that.
Serious Business.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I know EVERYTHING.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

How about underestimating the amount of Radiation at the Glow, and going in with 25 rad-away but no rad-x... then dying because the 25 rad-aways weren't enough?

Add in the fact that I only had one save game slot up until then, so I had to start over.
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

My mistake was similar , I went to the glow and after a fight with the security robots I decided to rest for a while and read the books I had found.
I took a dirt nap instead...
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Can't think of too many zany stupid things I did. Most I knew what would happen and were purely for shits and giggles.

Although, the two that I can remember was.

1. Seeing a super mutant for the first time in Necropolis and going up to talk to it and getting the crap smacked out of me.

2. Mistaking Bottle Caps for the Brahman Burgers everyone in Shady Sands was talking about.
Bennor
Respected
Respected

Post by Bennor »

My stupidest thing to do was thinking that surely the nuke at the cathedral cound't be strong enough to reach ground level and waiting for it to blow
"your mind is your greatest enemy, its always with you, it knows everything about you and everything your going to do before you do it"
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

I would stupidly abandon the car (in FO2) the first time it ran out of power! Took me 5 games before I found out how to recharge it.
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I played through Fallout 2 about 12 times before discovering Red 888 Arms in San Fran.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hahahahahaha no.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

I tried to wipe out The Hub with a 10mm pistol once.. Didn't go too well :drunk:
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Nicolai wrote:I tried to wipe out The Hub with a 10mm pistol once.. Didn't go too well :drunk:
ummmm................ wow.
does this work
Ranger
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ranger »

THe first time I played FO1 was at a friends house, so I was just trying to do as much as possible as quickly as possible...... I didn't understand that bottle caps were money, so I was constantly trying to barter for everything, while I had over 15,000 caps
Reagan smash!!!!
Reagan sleep!!!
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

In FO2 I didn't realize that when dead bodies stack on top of each other, and you try to loot them, there's arrows so you can cycle trhough them. It used to piss me of so much - trying to click some edge of a foot or hand to loot the body/bodies on the bottom, and never getting it. Years later I realized it by accident and was so pissed off. I don't think FO1 has this feature though.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

oops double post, sorry
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

FO1 does indeed have that feature... I had the same problem. It took me about a year and a half to discover that feature.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Me too. Hot damn, sometimes I think I should really consider reading game manuals.
Our Host!