just a few quickies

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
twiztid wanderer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

just a few quickies

Post by twiztid wanderer »

just a coupla quick questions.
1. How do I get Tycho to join my party he's the only NPC I can never get I've tried so many times its not even funny.
2.How do I convince the master that muties are sterile and have him commit suicide this is the last ending type I need.

well thats it answer these if ya can It'd be pretty helpful
Is it they fear the pain of death or do they fear the joy of life?
Life is only an outer layer, for reality is only realized by the insane.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

1. Talk to him one time and ask various questions and sometimes you get some upgrade to your outdoor skill. Then tell him you want to rid the city of crime and he should join you(depending on your charisma and number of NPCs in your party).

2.Have Vree's autopsy disk and a high speech skill. I can't recall the actual dialouge though.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Some people say you must already have killed Gizmo to get Tycho as well...
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

I don't think you NEED to kill Gizmo, i think there is a way around it. I remember doing it a while back, vaguely. I think i did have to rat him out though.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

1) Well, in my experience, getting him before recieving the quest from Killian to dig some dirt on Gizmo is pretty hard, but if you get the quest and ask him to help you clean up the town, he will join you, unless you are evil, or really ugly. If you don't get the option, or line of dialogue leading to asking him, the first time, you can just come back to him and say "Killian's asked me to clean up this town, and I would like your help". So that's why I say that it is better if you have the quest.

If you don't have the quest, if you are smart enough, and have high enough speech, then you talk to him about wilderness survival, and ask him to join you because of his experience. I think. Ranger, huh....Wasteland....

2) As has been stated, get the tape from Vree by asking about the mutants. When she says that she believes they are sterile, as her for some proof, and she'll give you the tape. When you get to the Master, with high INT, CHR, and Speech, you can convince him. And the dialogue line, if I remember, is first you ask him to show to you that his plan is the best for mankind. He will babble about the Unity, and then you tell him that there is a problem with his plan. Then you tell him about the sterility. He will check with his scientists, come back and say nothing is wrong, and then ask him to check with a female mutant. Then he will realize something is not right, and follow the conversation to the logical conclusion, and he's dead. Whoopee.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

"Pfft. Talking is for the weak.
This Turbo Plasma Rifle will make things go MUCH more smoothly."

From what I've heard from Lou, and about Master, Lou knows more.
I said to Harry: "Take me to your leader" (basicly)
So I talk to Lou and (because of my high intelligence and speech) learn that mutants are morons. (I will forget location of my Vault) And that they are sterile. This is from Lou. It is a little difficult to pick up, but if you read carefully you can see.
I think he might have said that he was working out "reproductive problems."

I recommmend saving before talking to a potential "talking head"
It is great being able to say whatever you want, because you have a save under your belt. Yes, Gizmo, i said "Could you say that a little louder in my pocket" :D

You can get outdoorsman exp. from Tycho. Try saving before speaking with him. That way you can just try all conversation paths.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Radoteur wrote:From what I've heard from Lou, and about Master, Lou knows more.
I said to Harry: "Take me to your leader" (basicly)
So I talk to Lou and (because of my high intelligence and speech) learn that mutants are morons. (I will forget location of my Vault) And that they are sterile. This is from Lou. It is a little difficult to pick up, but if you read carefully you can see.
I think he might have said that he was working out "reproductive problems."
Yes, I believe that is true. Most of the information I got was gleaned from the "Ask About" option. I would have to play through again as a diplomat, but I am sure that you can get it out of him from normal speech. My HtH Buttkicker was too busy telling him to go to hell.

Of course, it would be of no surprise to me if he new about the sterility and the Master didn't. The muties were just too scared to tell him, what with it destroying his plans and all. But as for mutants basically being stupid, I think the Master knew that, and as a result was obsessed with finding an unopened Vault.
Our Host!