Functional Vending Machines and an Automated General

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Functional Vending Machines and an Automated General

Post by xbow »

Above are three machines that I am messing with. On the left is a NukaCola vending machine. It is in fact a quartermaster that started life as a Bos character,I just replaced the image and checked the 'is quartermaster' and made the race 'unique other' gave it the name 'NukaColaMachine.ent' and saved. Now when you click the machine the quartermaster barter screen opens. Of course there is no inventory and thats my problem. I have never needed to create a new quartermaster so I don't know how to give this new entity an inventory. The character inventory doesn't show up in the barter screen because it wasnt intended to by the game makers. You can kill the machine and loot it but thats not what I want. So the question is where the hell is the repository of a quartermasters inventory.

The vending machine is the same thing as the NukaCola machine.

The control pedistal on the right is a general 'unique other' when clicked the briefing screen opens. what I want for this entity is to be able to offer some text that is relvent to the campaign but not necessarily a mission assignment. Perpaps just local information, a bit like the bullitin board in Fallout. Or the text could be scrambled and the player would have to puzzel his way through it to get directions to a special encounter.

any information on how to fully implement these would be appreciated.
Our Host!