Information from HOLODISC

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Information from HOLODISC

Post by Big Tom »

How to put into Holodisc some Information, which could have available player have by hand whenever in the game?
I can only put the text into the books or papers, but this look little fitfully.
THX for help BigTom
Big Tom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: Information from HOLODISC

Post by Big Tom »

Big Tom wrote:How to put into Holodisc some Information, which could have available player have by hand whenever in the game?
I can only put the text into the books or papers, but this look little fitfully.
THX for help BigTom
PLEASE HELP :crazy:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

If you mean making a holodisk like in the Fallout RPGs, Tactics doesn't have that functionality.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

OK how about this, could an item be made that will open a briefing window when the player uses it or could a computer terminal when accessed open a window that might offer some usefull information. What would you need to do to set that up ? if it is possible at all.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

xbow wrote:OK how about this, could an item be made that will open a briefing window when the player uses it or could a computer terminal when accessed open a window that might offer some usefull information. What would you need to do to set that up ? if it is possible at all.
The terminal would be real easy - remember the talking terminals in some of the robot missions? You could use the same triggers, but you'd have to set it up as a world text event instead of a speech event. I don't know if that could be triggered by "using" a holodisc in your inventory, though, but I know that there are people more knowledgable than me on the subject.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

I think that holodisks do work actually (go the search function).

OTB talks about them here.

At least there is new blood.
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
Our Host!