And now the bad news about Lionheart

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

And now the bad news about Lionheart

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

I just read <a href="http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/sh ... er=2">this reply</a> by <b>Cabal</b> in the <a href="http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums/fo ... >Lionheart forum</a> on the subject of non-linear gameplay and <a href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com/">Lionhe ... blockquote> We are designing the game to be as non-linear as possible, in a way that <b>Baldur's Gate allowed you tremendous freedom</b> to do quests and explore as you like, but eventually brought you back to the main storyline. Lionheart will allow you to explore the lands and do quests in whatever order you like. There is a main storyline that threads throughout the game, although it can be alterred depending on how your character drives the story. So the answer to your question is that yes there will be non-linearity to allow you to explore, but eventually <b>you are drawn into main chapter events</b> of the overall story (<b>like Baldur's Gate</b>).<br><br></blockquote>Wow, I fear references to <b>Baldur's Gate</b>. You?
Last edited by Saint_Proverbius on Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

If he was going to start name dropping, he should of at least said a game that was non-linear like Fallout. But I guess they are trying to attract all the fantasy fans. Looks like I'll stay away from yet another BIS game and wait for Geneforge 2 to come out, hopefully .
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Geneforge 2 will be made. Geneforge was one of Spider Web's most popular games, with good reason.
------------------
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

If one had a "life", one on a 'grandur' scale,a larger game playing "life" than BeeGee and IeeWeeDee, then one might know of, or even have experienced first hand, hands on even, games with
non linear plot progression. Might even know FO 1+2.

AND, if one had self confidence in their game creating efforts and were less arrogant, less prone to talking down to their "fan base", then one might list more than one example of nonlinear storylines in computer gaming. Might even include FO in the grand gesture of the all inclusive"big tent".

Might even go so far in self assertive positivism, to opinionate that LH was
a unique game experience on it's own right, and comparisons to past glories would dim the true image of the one and only LH.

But, I guess the marketeers have indoctrinated and lectured and hectored, their hawkers and barkers to attian a higher moral plain by stressing BRANDING.
It works for jeans and beer, and Presidents, it's got to work for us. It's the same target audience (well they don't vote but ...): it's a sure thing: it's the next Enron, baby, (where's my coke spoon? kin' I hit off your pipe?)

It's the roping, tieing , and BRANDING of LH. An' off to market before the hoof'n' mouth sets in.

4too
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Hey Saint, you forgot to highlight "you are drawn into main chapter events"

*shudders*
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

So I did, so I did.. Well, it's fixed and highlighted now. :)
------------------
Will
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Will »

Geneforge? What's Geneforge?
"Dressed in their uniforms so fine
They drank and killed to pass the time
Wearing the shame of all their crimes
With measured steps they walked in line"

Joy Division "They Walked In Line
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Ever played Exile? It's the same people, Spiderweb Software, that made Geneforge. I'm playing it now, though i haven't gotten that far yet. It resembles Fallout in a number of ways, so i would definetely recommend you to at least try out the demo.

http://www.spidweb.com
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

"Baldur's Gate"

"Non-linear gameplay"

Not exactly two phrases you expect see in the same sentence. I'll just have to wait and see. It might be good, if linear, but I doubt it will be comparable to Fallout. Although in the setting, non-linearity would be great. Unlike in BG, which is just "go kill the evil mage who kidnapped you".
Our Host!