Caravans

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Caravans

Post by Aneurysm »

Anyone know's what cause the reddings caravans to not appear sometimes ?
I know they appear at 1 , 11 and 21 of each month , but sometimes they dont appear at all.
Right now using my current character I dont see any of the caravans , and it's 1 of may there should be a caravan there... I tried a new game with Narg and voila there was a vault city caravan . Are there any triggers or certain conditions for the caravans to appear ?
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I have no idea. Why bother with Redding, anyways?
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

The caravans are buggy as hell. Sometimes wierd shit like that happens.
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

I find it easier to get random encounters rather than roaming around and the wasteland , and you also get paid for it :clap:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah, they can be at some times be really good for that purpose. But they're still just a minor side of FO and buggy as hell, so I wouldn't be so worried about them being teh sucky sucky.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

random encounters in the wasteland are pratctically impossible to get.
and if one get one its always like 7highwaymen, reallyreally early in game.

as I recall it used to be easier though.....
mebbe since travelspeed has gotten all weird on newer computers random encouters has been affected too.
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Mismatch wrote:random encounters in the wasteland are pratctically impossible to get.
and if one get one its always like 7highwaymen, reallyreally early in game.

as I recall it used to be easier though.....
mebbe since travelspeed has gotten all weird on newer computers random encouters has been affected too.
That's why I wanted to know the triggers for the caravans. Usually you just get 3 raiders with knifes and a gun trying to kill you. But in the caravans routes you get alot of cool random encounters : Supermutants fighting other caravans , ncr rangers fighting gangs , I even got supermutants fighting deathclaws once. Sometimes the battles turn into huge massacres with each faction fighting against their own allies due to some lost shot .
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I think the caravan encounters just depend on your level... if not, then the content is completely random. I've encountered dogs and plants when I was like lvl 20.

I find it especially funny when a stray shot hits an opposing caravans brahmin, and my team's NPC guards don't end combat until they kill every last one.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

Fucking triple

I've had the same thing happen to me on several occasions, also with a custom char.
does this work
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yeah 3+ factions all hostile to each other is really great fun. Raiders, marauders, your caravan and possibly Supermutants. That's what I got once, boy was it sweet. TEH DRAMA indeed.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

is it possible to alter some value in a ini file or cfg or summit to get more encounters (normal ones, not special)?
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

For Caravan encounters ,you'd probably have to edit the script for the caravan (not positive, just a guess). For normal world-map random encounnters, the information is stored in DATA/data/worldmap.txt
Our Host!