Super Urgent! Can't find red key card in the Glow! Help!

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

My sources have produced this.

Number 7 is the exact location of the corpse which has the red keycard on it.

So, I can only confirm what others have said - there is most likely something wrong with your game.

If you want, I'll take a look and see if I have a savegame with the red keycard in my inventory. I could send it to you. Or someone else if I don't have one.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

I was assuming i might be missing the picture of the burnt body.
I did buy my game in Korea. No, it isn't a pirated copy.

If i am missing files on my CD i am assuming it would be missing bytes, or even megabytes.

I looked under properties in my computer in my CD drive, while Fallout was in the computer and I discovered that the Fallout CD has about 571,473,920 bytes of used space. If someone could post how many bytes they have on their CD. It might help.

If i use the Flamethrower on an enemy does it make a burnt body? I tried here on some ghouls and it just results in a ghoul taking a dirt nap in his own blood. (Oops, Already been answered.)
Then, does it make a burnt body EVERY time?
I'm going to take the flamer and flame just about everything, and see what happens.
If it truly is yes then i may be getting closer to discovering a solution...

I would really appreciate having someone elses save file that has a red key card in it. Might help out. Even better would be if it was at the Glow.
I'll take what I can get.

ANY help will be greatly appriciated.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

My Fallout disk is 630 MB (US version patched)

You should just get out and come back when your skills are higher or raise them using FALCHE if no one has a save game for you to use.

You don't get a burnt body every time you kill someone with it. Like if someone has been knocked to the ground and you kill them with the Flamer you just get blood. I usually play with bloody mess so I can't say how you can get a flame death animation.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Well, all bodies, if they're standing, no matter what race o sex, will burst into flames and run about for about 2 seconds before turning into a burnt body... I'd suggest you get yourself a new Faallout-game It costs about $10 for both of them in that dual-jewel pack.
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Was the Fallout CD patched when you purchased it?
I'm thinking about buying the Dual Jewel Fallout 1/Fallout 2 CD's.
Makes me angry to think that I am paying for a game I already have, just so it would work.
I don't have Fallout 2. I think that Fallout 2 would cost more than $9.99 at a store. So, I might be getting a good deal.

I got in, i'm talking to Zax right now. Pretty interesting.
I used FALCE to make my character capable of going through just about ANY trap or lock. If i wanted to get blown up or shocked by a trap, he'd stop. :)

I'm afraid i might "forget" what his original traps and lockpick ability were.
I really wish i didn't even start with the character editor. I can rationalize using it this time, but i'm a sucker for cheating. Next, i'll be looking for excuses to make my character a killing machine.

I don't think i am missing THAT much by not having burnt bodies. What do you usually find on them? I really want to know if i am missing anything important.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

The keycards and the holodisk that you show to Cabbot are the most important things you find on the burnt bodies. Most just have weapons, ammo, and radiation medicine or some combination of the three.

My Fallout CD was patched when I bought it. I'm thinking about buying a new copy because something is wrong with the master.dat.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

I have the yellow card and holodisk off the power armor. (Although those other things you talk about seem really good)
I think i might just have to cope.
I can get the stuff out of the lockers, which i guess i should be thankful for.

Well, my dad probably would steal a new copy, but probably only if the original copy he bought was screwy.
I on the other hand am a fine upstanding citizen, usually.

Thanks for the help.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Don't worry about the weapons, nothing better than an assualt rifle. You'll get a minigun and plasma rifle in the lockers so thats what you should make room for. :wink:
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Well, Thanks for all the help.
I think i'll just continue with the game.
It seems to be just a little bump, hopefully it doesn't rear its ugly head again.
Our Host!