Mutant Invasions

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Mutant Invasions

Post by boywoos »

I was just playing through FO again and I wanted to know of the mutant armies actually do invade all of the towns. I wasted enough time and came across a traveller who told me all of the surrounding towns had been invaded. However, when I reached them they were intact. Has anyone ever had a full blown mutant invasion?
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

No, I've only seen Necropolis invaded.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Same for me, only place i ever saw effected by that was Necropolis. What's the time-limit on the various towns, if there are any?
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

After 500 days the invasions begin. However, this was removed in the patch so that only Necropolis is invaded...
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

So if I remove the patch will the invasions begin or will the game just end?
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

You can't remove the patch. Deleteing and hten reinstalling the unpatched game will let the invasions take place though.
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Don't try or you'll be disappointed

Post by Zbyram »

Although I never played the unpatched version I'm almost sure that nothing can be invaded besides Necropolis. After the 500 day limit the mutant armies find Vault 13 (well known movie that is also shown when you tell the location of v13 to Master or Lou) and it's game over. You don't get to see other towns invaded so don't bother.
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected
Location: The secret underground lair- er, dojo of the Penguin style Kung-Fu

Post by Grand Lord Penguin »

Actually, the towns DO get invaded. It mentions it in the ending for the town. And the townspeople are replaced wih mutant soldiers, I think (not sure, never checked, too busy at the Cathedral).

The order of town invasions goes eomthing like this (someone posted it on V13, but it's dead):

Necropolis
Boneyard
Hub

Not sure after that, but yes, even the Brotherhood get their asses beat (a traitor unlocks the door to the Lost Hills Bunker). It finally ends with the neato ending movie where V13 is invaded.
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I make no claims to the accuracy of this- I just pulled it from one of my files and both of my FO1's are uninstalled and lent out, so I can't verify it is accurate, but:

(who: how long from start to invasion)
Followers: 90 days.
Necropolis: 110 days.
The Hub: 140 days.
Brotherhoold: 170 days.
Junktown: 200 days.
Shady Sands: 230 days.
Vault 13: 500 days.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Brotherhood getting invaded? That doesn't sound right, because of their technological superiority and such. Though I'm playing the patched version, so I've only seen Necropolis being invaded.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Maybe I'll have to play the game again and see the invasion of the Brotherhood...
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I've never actually gotten it, but according to the end text:

]The Brotherhood of Steel repels the first wave of a mutant invasion, but a traitor in their midst causes the Citadel to fall.
Fortunately, the advanced technology is mastered slowly by the mutants, and they were unable to use it against you.
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Yeah but nothing besides Necropolis gets really invaded (in game). Perhaps the ending is different but we don't get to see the mutants in BoS base. That's why I said it's not worth checking. Shit I have to check those endings anyway :runs off:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Yeah, I've used all the time in the world exploring the map but haven't seen any of these places invaded, cept Necropolis. Not worth checking again, I guess.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

does it actually say they where invaded in the ending movies?

cause if it does, then you could just wait outside the base/cathedral (whatever is left) and you could just run in and kill them after the apropriate number of days, to initiate the ending.

it would be prety boring to rest for like 100 days, lol
Our Host!