A note on making buildings...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

A note on making buildings...

Post by PaladinHeart »

NEVER EVER put your walls on the same level as your floor! Because then when you want to make rooms later (perhaps even after you made your upper floors... ugh), you have to use alternative wall pieces! Its almost as bad as building rock/mountain formations. Its a big pain so don't do it.

I thought it'd look better with the walls showing and not that one world unit underneath. Man, its just not worth the extra effort. There's a chance I could have avoided this by placing my rooms earlier but I think that would have been too much trouble too. Another solution would have been raising the roof a level above the walls by placing clips on the walls, too late now I guess for me, but I hope my warning helps others :)

I do have a rather unique building now (since I had to use alternative tiles to make walls inside), but I'd have rathered went with the old fashioned method.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Our Host!