Interesting problem

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Interesting problem

Post by Retlaw83 »

I had an interesting problem; of course the obvious solution was to redo the entities, which I did, and they work now, but I thought I'd share because I still don't know why I had the problem in the first place.

Two of my characters in my mod behaved normally in every aspect, but when they leveled up they didn't get any skill points. Does anyone know the cause of that?

By the way, my mod will be done tomorrow evening. It is a 15mb download. Anyone know of a website that would be kind enough to host it? I would love to put it up here, but DAC doesn't have a Tactics mods page yet.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by M92FS »

hi !

u can upload at nma.

website : http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... 12a7d9ba34
It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tc63 »

maybe something happened in the editor regarding the "skillsPerLevel" box, this changes how many skill points you get when you level up
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Re: Interesting problem

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Retlaw83 wrote: Two of my characters in my mod behaved normally in every aspect, but when they leveled up they didn't get any skill points. Does anyone know the cause of that?
Did you adjust their level in the level editor by any chance (even if by accident)? That'll prevent them getting any skill points when they've earnt the necessary experience to progess.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

M92FS wrote:hi !

u can upload at nma.

website : http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... 12a7d9ba34
Be aware that NMA uses 3D-Downloads as a DL hosting site. They really suck. I'll talk to Saint P. about hosting it here.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Thanks JJ86! I PMed him a few days ago and have heard nothing back.

Requiem: I adjusted ALL my characters in the entity editor. However, these two characters were the only ones with the problems - the other three got their experience points just fine. HOWEVER, all the other characters' "skillperlevel" was 11, and these two characters levels were slightly higher.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!