Dead Bodies Everywhere

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Dead Bodies Everywhere

Post by Retlaw83 »

Is there a way to clear dead bodies after they're made? I want the last map of my mod to be a massive enemy assault, but two hundred some odd corpses slows down the game somewhat.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

I've never tested, but maybe you could try deactivating small groups of each individual player index as it dies.
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Tried that. I may have scripted it wrong, but it doesn't seem to work. I think they get turned over to the scenery controller when they turn in to corpses.
- the Vault Dweller
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

I think I got it to work before, but I had it set to delete some corpses after the player exited the map. Im not sure if they would have been deleted anyway.. but I don't think so. Maybe you just got the trigger wrong?

If you continue to have problems, just make a few of the enemies a bit... "tougher". It will make the battle last longer and the player might not notice the loss of 20 enemies here and there.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

I just tested the trigger I would use and it works.

Condition
player 'evil' has exactly equal to '5' deaths at anywhere

Action
deactivate player 'evil'

This successfully removed their corpses, so I would suggest you just make lots of small goups so that when each wave dies, they are removed. Smaller groups would be better, but it would take a bit more time and might slow gameplay (Do many player indices slow the computer?).

The blood stains that are made during combat disappear in a couple of seconds and I'm pretty sure that bodies disappear when you re-enter a map.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

I think the bodies only disappear when you have the map nuke the triggers when you exit. Otherwise they stay unless you have a trigger delete them. I THINK so anyway...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Thanks from the help. Its working now. Now I just have to talley up how many badguys are in each group so I can make it work.

From what I've seen, more player indexes increases the speed of the game. I know this because I had badguys on the same index attacking from three sides simultaneously, and the game slowed to a crawl. I split them up into seperate indexes, and then there was virtually no slowdown.
- the Vault Dweller
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

Yes, I noticed that as well. The real game uses many player indexes, so that is definitely the way to go.

EDIT: Bodies do not disappear when you re-enter a map, but I didn't test nuke triggers on exit.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Well the bodies in the main campaign disappear (always had to lug all the loot on one char that waited on the exit grid.. ack.. lots of trouble that). So their either do so with the nuke trigger on exit thingy, or it is implemented in a trigger. I'd guess its included with the nuke trigger thingy, but I could be mistaken.. maybe even remembering wrong.

Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tc63 »

Check the entities properties.

Youll notice that there is a check box that says something like "Remove on exit" this determines if it disappears afterwards or not.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Rather than have has so many s at any where use has less than 1 alive. Then you don't need to count each group.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

lol

That's what I did when I implemented the trigger, because I realized counting them all would be stupid.
- the Vault Dweller
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

Tc63 wrote:Check the entities properties.

Youll notice that there is a check box that says something like "Remove on exit" this determines if it disappears afterwards or not.
That would be great. I don't know why the bodies didn't disappear in Cold Water though, where I was testing in the campaign. Maybe they forget there.

Sorry fir throwing anyone off with my chunky trigger, I used it because I was only testing with a small group.
Tc63
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Tc63 »

i think that only about 70% of the bodies have "remove on exit" checked in some missions.
Our Host!