Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Anonymous wrote:
Role-Player wrote:GameFAQs?
Are you implying that I got that sentence from gamefaqs or that I'm from gamefaqs (subtext: because I'm an idiot)? The answer to both is no.
Context, my son, context.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Franz_Schubert wrote:I want FO3 to have a truly immersive atmosphere... meaning great PA textures, a great PA environment (like desert towns, such as Redding, Junktown, Modoc, etc.), and just as importantly, another soundtrack by Mark Morgan.

Also, I would prefer fewer cities, but much bigger and more involved than FO1/2. So like 7 screens, and lots of interaction in each town.

Also, I want there to be a better combat-initiation system. I didn't like how accidentally trying to open a locked door somewhere turns the whole town against you.

Also, I want tons of side-quests, but ones that seem meaningful, not just fetch/kill like Morrowind.

And I want there to be colorful party-NPC's, but you shouldn't have to rely on them to win combat. For that matter, I don't think combat should be a major factor in the main plot.

As far as graphics, I want the same 3rd person isometric view of the originals, and I wouldn't mind it being a low-res game, with PA-style dusty, rusty textures (there's no excuse for crappy textures... if they don't spend enough time on the art, the immersion is compromised)

Ya fackin' capitalizt. You can only say ONE, jeez, don't you read the capitalized print? :drunk:

All around good thoughts though. Very good.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

I agree with Franz on every point.
Hatchen
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Hatchen »

if they are to add more of the smaller detials, like customizable, here is some ideas. if you are big biult, you should accually look it, same with a smaller frame. you should be able to lose limbs and have grafics for that (leg, arm, possiblt and eye, ect). I think they should have possiblt an aging system, and if your a guy facial hair growth.

What about armour? they are not all going to be pounded into new shiny things. some people might accually be only whereing a stop sign or be using it as a sheid type of thing. also should inventing be aloud? it would have its limits but the better you have into it the better your improvised stuff would be. other thngs could change too, musle growth, tan or bleached.

Shoukd your character be able to mutate? if the person falls in some vat, would they mutate? or not have it at all?

these are just some little things that would make the game more interesting, but not very vital to the production of the game.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Hatchen wrote:if they are to add more of the smaller detials, like customizable, here is some ideas. if you are big biult, you should accually look it, same with a smaller frame. you should be able to lose limbs and have grafics for that (leg, arm, possiblt and eye, ect). I think they should have possiblt an aging system, and if your a guy facial hair growth.

What about armour? they are not all going to be pounded into new shiny things. some people might accually be only whereing a stop sign or be using it as a sheid type of thing. also should inventing be aloud? it would have its limits but the better you have into it the better your improvised stuff would be. other thngs could change too, musle growth, tan or bleached.

Shoukd your character be able to mutate? if the person falls in some vat, would they mutate? or not have it at all?

these are just some little things that would make the game more interesting, but not very vital to the production of the game.
It's all about the eye candy huh?
What about when visiting hoes?
Want graphics for that too?
Hatchen
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Hatchen »

naw, i was saying it would be neat to have some of those things, i would like the game with or with or without, as long as it has a good plot, good characters, and a good villian.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Dogmeat!
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

As long as Dogmeat isnt the vilan.

You'd never be able to win then.
Hatchen
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Hatchen »

ha, so very true, if you had dogmeat as a villian you could never win!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Except by giving him iguana-on-a-shtick!
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

hmmm....

Post by Janus Matchell »

I dunno dogmeat sure died to rocket launcher many a time and on one occasion hunting rifle (because I didn't know you could get him in your party.) but hey dogmeat would be a very awkward villain.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
American Tourister
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by American Tourister »

A single new feature? I would like caravans that are unbuggy and more important to the game than just a (supposedly) safer way to travel through the wastes. It seems to me that in a post-apoc setting caravans would be much more important than the rather limited treatment they received in F1 and F2.
Of course this would probably involve revamping the economic system too.
"...Curtis Lowe was the finest picker to ever play the blues"

Post by Guest »

Yeah, like $40 for a rusted, dull knife in FO1/2??
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

d

Post by Janus Matchell »

Seriously guys I was wanna see some revamped fallout economics and may be some development with some type Science/Repair system that lets you make custom goods. But hey who know they may make it shitty and port it to X-box or PS-2 to whore it out more. I really don't like the work that Bethesda does it seems kind of bland and useless.

Post by Guest »

I'd like a HUGE variety of guns, ammo, knives, and weapons. Or if you fire on auto for too long your barrel warps. Or maybe your gun misfires or jams.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

hey

Post by Janus Matchell »

fallout ranger wrote:I'd like a HUGE variety of guns, ammo, knives, and weapons. Or if you fire on auto for too long your barrel warps. Or maybe your gun misfires or jams.
That would be cool as it would make you think as to whether or not a situation merits wasting bullets on a threat. I would to see that most definitely.

Post by Guest »

It would make you think twice about spraying down a room with hundreds of rounds.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

i

Post by Janus Matchell »

Yes also it would give the idea that maybe brutalizing everything is not always the wise or good idea. if you fire full-auto then there better be a good god-damned reason your doing so.

Post by Guest »

What would be AWESOME in FO3 would be for double weapons to work. By double weapons I *don't* mean two pistols or something. I mean like an M16 with an M203 underneath, as in:

Wouldn't it be *nice* if you could fire 40mm grenades and .223 out of the same gun? Hell yes it would. :drunk:
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

:

Post by Janus Matchell »

fallout ranger wrote:What would be AWESOME in FO3 would be for double weapons to work. By double weapons I *don't* mean two pistols or something. I mean like an M16 with an M203 underneath, as in:

Wouldn't it be *nice* if you could fire 40mm grenades and .223 out of the same gun? Hell yes it would. :drunk:
Coming up with renders and pixels not to mention animations for making double weapons in fallout 3 would be a bitch and a hassle but hey it would be fun but uncharacteristic of the Fallout Universe I think.
Our Host!