Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I think Marcus should deep-throat Lyniette or how did u spell that.
Mutant Dojo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mutant Dojo »

You get new perk: Fisting
When you say "I gonna puch the shit outa you", you realy mean it! You gain +50% in unarmed and a great way of making some new friends
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

What about scat? Scat needs to be included. This should affect karma - "because of your fascination with scat some previously locked doors are now open, while some previously open doors are now locked."

Maybe an alignment-system would be a good addition? Like in PS:T, where depending on one's choices throughout the game one would become good/evil/chaotic/lawful/neutral, etc and this affected your relationship with party members and other NPCs.

Edit:

Pip, your new sig pic is really très bien.
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Mutant Dojo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mutant Dojo »

Alexander wrote:
Maybe an alignment-system would be a good addition? Like in PS:T, where depending on one's choices throughout the game one would become good/evil/chaotic/lawful/neutral, etc and this affected your relationship with party members and other NPCs.
Hmm, but how can a small towner know what i did in another part of the country? More local kind of aligment and not just like Good-Bad (never played Planescape) instead more "coluors" like helping the law, criminal(how often did anybody else attack criminals in FO?) killer or preacher(not everything can be resolved with a gun) and party members like you or not because of how you treat them and others but also wich methods you use for reaching your goals: pacifistic mechanic wouldn't like manic just beacause he is on the "right" side of the law.
PiP

Post by PiP »

Alexander wrote: Pip, your new sig pic is really très bien.
we all like cartoons don't we D;
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

An uninstall feature.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

VasikkA wrote:An uninstall feature.
or maybe they could just remove the install feature and save us the work.
Kukident
Regular
Regular

Post by Kukident »

a feature .. hmm... sniping

or being able to choose where you want to hit your enemy again
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

dogmeat better be in it. That's all I'm sayin
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

^ You might want to change your username if he isn't.

Here's a feature I want in it: Not sucking. That would be a damn fine feature.

Seriously, I hope the throwing weapons skill is much more useful, so you can toss explosives like a full fledged howizter at high levels.
AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

I wnat it t make mommy nd daddy stop yellin at meh sew much for palying Oblivion! Taht gaem is 1337 because I can p0wnz so much stuff nd l3v3l sca3ling is n33t!

Ok, ok I can't keep that shit up much longer. In all seriousness, they need to have good voice talent to go with intelligent dialog. Hiring Patrick Stewart to read a few lines and get killed off isn't going to cut it any more. There are so many other great voice actors (John DiMaggio comes to mind http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0224007/ as does Billy West but doubtful, and quite a huge list I could think of off the top of my head).

If they put some real TALENT behind the voices then they might actually make the story a bit more involving, mentally.

Just my humble request that will never see the light of day.
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
emoutofthevee
Regular
Regular

Post by emoutofthevee »

I would like to have a fire gecko as a party npc.
...what are you going to do when they call for you
band and capitulate or keep your head on straight...
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

TNP wrote:Seriously, I hope the throwing weapons skill is much more useful, so you can toss explosives like a full fledged howizter at high levels.
Which would require the final game actually having explosives in it, and that you actually can throw them.
PiP

Post by PiP »

emoutofthevee wrote:I would like to have a fire gecko as a party npc.
that is actually an interesting thought. Has anyone mentioned this one before? :dance:
Kukident
Regular
Regular

Post by Kukident »

TNP wrote: Here's a feature I want in it: Not sucking.
That feature would blow!
But that would be hard to implement.

(for Bethesda)
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

i want a realistic inventar, where you cant take two miniguns or whateva with you, but only a small amount of weapons like two pistols and two rifles or one minigun and stuff. and then when you drop your guns in a place, where people are, they should be able to steal your stuff. (arcanum-like) things like your trunk in your car or the NPCs are then more necessary to carry your stuff.

also you should make it that, you have some fallout radio ala GTA , with music from the 50´s ... of course you first need to buy an auto radio upgrade from a mechanic. and also you could like pimp your car like in Need for Speed Underground, with Neon lights and all that fancy shit, oh actually, thats stupid. dont do that. :?

more unpredictable stuff, would be cool like when you dont have too much points in "Agility", you can make girls pregnant and they get a baby. ...

mhh.. forget this.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

DaC-Sniper wrote:i want a realistic inventar, where you cant take two miniguns or whateva with you, but only a small amount of weapons like two pistols and two rifles or one minigun and stuff. and then when you drop your guns in a place, where people are, they should be able to steal your stuff. (arcanum-like) things like your trunk in your car or the NPCs are then more necessary to carry your stuff.
I believe realism comes second to practicality in games. A too small inventory in CPRGs have caused more annoyance than "Hey, this is realistic, cool!" vibes, at least for me. As long as you and your companions have the strength, they might carry a fucking arsenal of a small army for all I care. Of course, messing around in inventory and equiping items should consume APs.
pimp your car like in Need for Speed Underground, with Neon lights and all that fancy shit,
:?
oh actually, thats stupid. dont do that.
:yes:
would be cool like when you dont have too much points in "Agility", you can make girls pregnant and they get a baby. ...
Bishop baby...
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

VasikkA wrote:I believe realism comes second to practicality in games. A too small inventory in CPRGs have caused more annoyance than "Hey, this is realistic, cool!" vibes, at least for me. As long as you and your companions have the strength, they might carry a fucking arsenal of a small army for all I care. Of course, messing around in inventory and equiping items should consume APs.
a small inventory makes you use your brain more often... see statistics here and since Fallout will have other possiblities like a car trunk(woul work like your chest tresure in Diablo2 :che:) or other stuff, it should be not the big problem. also they could make an addon with more inventory space, like Diablo2: Expantion Pack and earn money. I like to be challenged in games.
(if its not an FPS)

VasikkA wrote:Of course, messing around in inventory and equiping items should consume APs
Im more worried, if there will there be APs at all. :(
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

DaC-Sniper wrote: mhh.. forget this.

Well, you started out not sucking at least.

Maybe a cart option ?

In FO and FO2 you meet wanderers that have a cart with stuff.

Have an option to get a cart to carry stuff in.

But you cant run in combat with it.

So you run into touble you loose your cart.
Kukident
Regular
Regular

Post by Kukident »

DaC-Sniper wrote:
Im more worried, if there will there be APs at all. :(
Would Oblivion with guns have that?

Now u got the answer.
Our Host!