The new people...

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

The new people...

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[Community -> Update]</strong>

I thought it might be useful to make a list of who's running DAC.
<br>
<br>The new staff are:
<br>
<br><b>Mr. Teatime</b> - Supreme Ruler (along with a few others)
<br><b>King Of Creation</b> - Super Admin (news/moderating)
<br><b>wild_qwerty</b> - Super Admin
<br><b>Pope Viper</b> - Forum Moderator
<br>
<br>Then there are people who are staying over from the old days of the site:
<br>
<br><b>Saint Proverbius</b> - Supreme Ruler (though trying to take more of a background role I believe)
<br><b>Dark Underlord</b> - Supreme Ruler
<br><b>Calis</b> - Supreme Ruler (tends to work more on the website rather than an active forum/news presence)
<br><b>Ausir</b> - News
<br>
<br>And finally there are people who have moderating status in various forums, but have mostly stopped coming. A lot of them should return as DAC finds its feet again. These are...
<br>
<br>Forum Admins:
<br>
<br><b>Calis
<br>Dan_Wood
<br>Jimmyjay86
<br>Mad MaxRW
<br>Mala
<br>Red
<br>Soulfish
<br>Stainless</b>
<br>
<br>Forum Moderators:
<br>
<br><b>Archchancellor
<br>atoga
<br>axelgreese
<br>Bluepencil
<br>Condie
<br>Dan
<br>Darwin_187
<br>DJ Slamák
<br>EvoG
<br>Flamescreen
<br>Gimp Mask
<br>Insane-Lark
<br>JohnPnP
<br>LlamaGod
<br>Max-Violence
<br>Nicolai
<br>OnTheBounce
<br>PerroViejo
<br>Silver
<br>Smiley
<br>Spazmo
<br>Stevie D
<br>the guardian
<br>Umpa</b>
<br>
<br>The plan is to let the dust settle, so to speak, so currently we don't need any more news posters or forum moderators, though I'll be looking at it again in a week or so once I've got an idea of how all of this will play out.
<br>
<br>As you can see there are a lot of moderators, and half of them might have moved on or died or something, so we'll see what happens - for now, the active moderators and news staff were posted at the beginning of this piece, the rest... we'll see what happens.
<br>
<br>What would be useful is a webdesigner, someone who can do graphics and HTML, redesign parts of the site if necessary, and so on. <b>Calis</b> works on the webpage but mostly does scripts, so if you're a webdesigner who'd like to help, feel free to <a href="/forums/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=1554">PM me</a>.
<br>
<br><i>Edited to include a more accurate list. Credit to <b>Dark Underlord</b> for retrieving the information from the server.</i>
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Just a note that this list is subject to change over the coming days too, as we cement who's here, who's not and throw out some of the trash.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Looking good.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

Anyone besides me think Killz should not be anywhere near that list?
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

He's gone.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Did someone remove him? Because now that I think about it, I haven't seen him on the list since we first implimented the script that shows us all the people with moderator or admin status.
------------------
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I feel left out D:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Did someone remove him? Because now that I think about it, I haven't seen him on the list since we first implimented the script that shows us all the people with moderator or admin status.
He wasn't on the list, but with all the talk about him since then, I went and checked under User Permissions, and he still had Administrator rights. Teatime said that was not a good thing, and that it needed to change, so I went and removed the Admin privaleges.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

glad to see dac still lives. was kinda shocked to see it go the way it did.
but after some research i found out about thevats. thanks to those who resurrected dac, much appreciated.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

It's basically Saint and Calis who saved all the stuff and are transferring it over....
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

king of creation wrote:
Saint_Proverbius wrote:Did someone remove him? Because now that I think about it, I haven't seen him on the list since we first implimented the script that shows us all the people with moderator or admin status.
He wasn't on the list, but with all the talk about him since then, I went and checked under User Permissions, and he still had Administrator rights. Teatime said that was not a good thing, and that it needed to change, so I went and removed the Admin privaleges.

Are you sure that`s a good idea, for now? Just asking

Edit: the grey fonts at the quotes aren`t very readable, or is it my monitor?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I think its a good idea until someone can actually talk to killzig and tell him how things are going to go. I have a feeling that if he comes back with full power without us knowing he would go wacky on the website. I would of cource give him back powers after we see vital signs.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

HEY, TEATIME! I'm not actually moderator of anything, so yeah.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Yes, Killzig was on the list at first. If / When he comes back, we can worry about what we might do with him then. Personally (even though I'm only a little fuzzy on the whole situation myself), I'm inclined to leave him off.
Spazmo wrote:HEY, TEATIME! I'm not actually moderator of anything, so yeah.
There's a slight problem with the list in that anyone who was the moderator of a forum that got deleted, is still a moderator according to the setting in the phpBB database. It's just they don't have anything to moderate. That'll change soon (in that they'll get their flag unchecked, not in that they'll get anything to moderate). Astute people would've noticed "the guardian" is also one such person.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Macaco
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Macaco »

Briosafreak wrote: Edit: the grey fonts at the quotes aren`t very readable, or is it my monitor?
Not the easiest on the eyes here, but definitely readable.

And what's the deal with this Kill guy? sorry but i was never a regular here...
The tought of Fallout 3 with Silent storm's engine gives me a hard-on
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

King Of Creation - Super Admin (news/moderating)
wild_qwerty - Super Admin
Pope Viper - Forum Moderator

Might I ask who are they and were are they coming from?
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

theyre from NMA, like me.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

s4ur0n27 wrote:King Of Creation - Super Admin (news/moderating)
wild_qwerty - Super Admin
Pope Viper - Forum Moderator

Might I ask who are they and were are they coming from?
They're regulars from NMA.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Yeah, that's the thing... This is DAC, not NMA. Bring back MMRW. Besides, how many admins does the site need?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Spazmo wrote:Yeah, that's the thing... This is DAC, not NMA. Bring back MMRW. Besides, how many admins does the site need?
I saw that comment coming. There are a lot of moderators and admins listed, though most of them aren't active any more and some of them are listed incorrectly anyway (the database hasn't been updated or something, talk to Dark Underlord...). I'm not touching the old moderator statuses either, at least until I know who's still around, to keep the old DAC feel.
And let's face it, DAC wasn't a place to post over the last few months since it was virtually dead, so people would post at NMA. Give it a chance... already people are coming back to DAC. Feel free to be your normal, offensive, argumentative, flaming selves....
Our Host!