Duck and Cover Forum Index


Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 Fallout Mod for CIV 3 View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Poll :: Would you like to see a Fallout mod for civ 3

Heck yeah!
71%
 71%  [ 25 ]
Heck no!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Don't care
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
What is civ 3?
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 35


Author Message
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna


Joined: 15 Jun 2002
Posts: 8711

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Downloaded this baby last night. I am gonna give it a try when I can.
View user's profileSend private message
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected


Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Posts: 98
Location: Expanding the Brotherhood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VasikkA wrote:
Downloaded this baby last night. I am gonna give it a try when I can.


I look forward to your input. pirate




Cheers, Thorgrimm
View user's profileSend private message
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected


Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Posts: 98
Location: Expanding the Brotherhood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a screenie of the new Rediscovery of Trade Wonder Splash created by Xerxes for the Fallout mod. Good Job dude!







Cheers, Thorgrimm
View user's profileSend private message
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna


Joined: 15 Jun 2002
Posts: 8711

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've played the mod for a while; in the first game with Enclave I was overrun by deathclaws and now I'm kicking ass with the robots. You've done nice work on the units and environment, especially the irradiated skeletons of cities look delightfully post apoc. Most importantly you've nailed the Fallout feel in the mod(much due to the original music, probably). Getting fallouty type 'special encounters' from goody huts would further enhance the mod(don't know if that's possible to be done). The map seems decently balanced and offers plenty of possibilities to play, but as the mod is semi-canon, it'd be interesting to try it with different maps, say, Eastern USA.

There are still a few flaws that caught my attention. Obviously the messy tech tree and civilopedia need more work as I didn't know what effects some techs had for my faction(if at all?). The dialogue screen(and music) and one advisor screen were still from the original Civ. Fallout dialogue screen would suit well in the mod as well, in my opinion.

Also, the green pollution thingy isn't always visible behind fog of war. Sometimes it doesn't even appear on the map in the same turn as you move a unit next to one. It's a bit frustrating to find out that the area is polluted next turn when you're searching a good spot for a new city.

You should also come up with new city names as the current list is very short for some factions. I wouldn't mind fictional ones if they sound appropriate.
View user's profileSend private message
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected


Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Posts: 98
Location: Expanding the Brotherhood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VasikkA wrote:
I've played the mod for a while; in the first game with Enclave I was overrun by deathclaws and now I'm kicking ass with the robots. You've done nice work on the units and environment, especially the irradiated skeletons of cities look delightfully post apoc. Most importantly you've nailed the Fallout feel in the mod(much due to the original music, probably). Getting fallouty type 'special encounters' from goody huts would further enhance the mod(don't know if that's possible to be done). The map seems decently balanced and offers plenty of possibilities to play, but as the mod is semi-canon, it'd be interesting to try it with different maps, say, Eastern USA.

There are still a few flaws that caught my attention. Obviously the messy tech tree and civilopedia need more work as I didn't know what effects some techs had for my faction(if at all?). The dialogue screen(and music) and one advisor screen were still from the original Civ. Fallout dialogue screen would suit well in the mod as well, in my opinion.

Also, the green pollution thingy isn't always visible behind fog of war. Sometimes it doesn't even appear on the map in the same turn as you move a unit next to one. It's a bit frustrating to find out that the area is polluted next turn when you're searching a good spot for a new city.

You should also come up with new city names as the current list is very short for some factions. I wouldn't mind fictional ones if they sound appropriate.



VasikkA Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

I wish we could get special encounters from the goody huts, but civ 3 only allows for money, units, a city or barbs to come out of a goody hut.

We have been kicking around the idea of doing a North America version after this, we will see what happens.

We now have someone dedicated to fixing the civilopedia.

We also have someone working on the diplomacy text file now.

Here is an example of what you will read when you step on a goody hut now.

#GOODY_MONEY
Our troops have found $NUM0 caps in the wreckage of a caravan.

#GOODY_MAPS
Our troops found the body of a trader and he had maps of this region.

#GOODY_CITY
The survivors in this village has joined us for protection!

#GOODY_NOTHING
Nothing but weeds grow in this destroyed village.

#GOODY_SETTLERS
The $BARBARIAN0 $UNIT1 have joined us in gratitude for their rescue.

#GOODY_MERCENARIES
The $BARBARIAN0 $UNIT1 mercenaries have heard we pay well and want to enter our employ.

#GOODY_BARBARIANS
We have disturbed an angry $UNIT1 nest.

Will notify Flamand about the gfx needing changed.

Unfortunately that is standard for civ, a rule of thumb for the mod is this, the destroyed cities will have a ring of wastelands and an outer ring of pollution. Hope that helps.

If you have any suggestions for city names, by all means suggest them. Like you said we need LOTS of them. smile




Cheers, Thorgrimm
View user's profileSend private message
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere


Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 2573
Location: trapped in memory

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gas mask heights

carcass walley

stavanger '67

hellsink

boomshanka
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Redeye
I lied
I lied


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 4164
Location: filth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vx trauma wrote:
gas mask heights

carcass walley

stavanger '67

hellsink

boomshanka



nevar forgit!
View user's profileSend private message
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected


Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Posts: 98
Location: Expanding the Brotherhood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a screenie of the new Ghoul Specific Cafe, Wooz's Joint created by Partizanac for the Fallout mod. Good Job dude!





vx trauma, what civ were those names for?




Cheers, Thorgrimm
View user's profileSend private message
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected


Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Posts: 98
Location: Expanding the Brotherhood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a screenie of the new Science Leader for the Fallout mod.







Cheers, Thorgrimm
View user's profileSend private message
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere


Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 2573
Location: trapped in memory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

civ : the total asian warfare mod. no holy cows. everything goes. banned in many countries as a criminal act agaisnt humanity.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 982
Location: Land of big butts

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

vx trauma wrote:
civ : the total asian warfare mod. no holy cows. everything goes. banned in many countries as a criminal act agaisnt bovinity.


Fixed.
View user's profileSend private message
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 110
Location: Brazil, Belém, Amazon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thorgrimm wrote:
Here is a screenie of the new Science Leader for the Fallout mod.







Cheers, Thorgrimm


Why the Lost Hills is looking like a barb hut?


BTW, you sure must find some city names for the Robots and the muties. I think that there's so many "Scott City X" that traders don't even know what's the one they where trading with Laughing REALLY FUCKING HARD
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend


Joined: 18 Apr 2002
Posts: 3035
Location: Melbourne, Futureland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just stumbled over this now, it looks amazing.

Might go out and grab a copy of civ 3 for this, judging by what people have posted, it seems to be pretty good.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailICQ Number
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna


Joined: 15 Jun 2002
Posts: 8711

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stainless wrote:
Might go out and grab a copy of civ 3 for this

You also need the Conquests add-on.
View user's profileSend private message
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected


Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Posts: 98
Location: Expanding the Brotherhood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a screenie of the Ghoul specific Great Wonder Set's Wall.







Cheers, Thorgrimm
View user's profileSend private message
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere


Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 2573
Location: trapped in memory

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

truly a great wonder!. Ja!
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected


Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Posts: 98
Location: Expanding the Brotherhood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a screenie of the Ghoul Assault Rifle, he takes the place of Leather Assault Rifle for the other civs.







Þórgrímr
View user's profileSend private message
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity


Joined: 18 Apr 2003
Posts: 5025
Location: Brighton beach

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it looks a bit like a rock guitar player icon_chuckel
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected


Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Posts: 98
Location: Expanding the Brotherhood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PiP wrote:
it looks a bit like a rock guitar player icon_chuckel


Yes he does. icon_drunk



Here is a screenie of the Ghoul RPG, he takes the place of the Mortar for the other civs. smile







Þórgrímr
View user's profileSend private message
PsychoSniper
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, a FO mod that was actualy completed and wasnt total shit like Haris (and his mods)


Im tempted to get a copy of Civ3 just to play this.
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group