Fallout Mod for CIV 3

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.

Would you like to see a Fallout mod for civ 3

Heck yeah!
71%
Heck no!
3%
Don't care
17%
What is civ 3?
9%

Total votes: 35

Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Fallout Mod for CIV 3

Post by Thorgrimm »

I posted a thread over on NMA about this, but it seems no one is intrested. So i thought i would give DAC a try. :yes:

Myself and Stainz are creating a mod for civ 3 based on the Fallout universe. What i would like is for the Fallout Fans here on DAC check out what we have done so far, and give your honest comments. ALL suggestions are very much welcome!
Here is where you can go to check out what has been done so far.

http://wotg.stgfc.com/phpBB2/index.php?f=18

Most of the work is being done on CDG, but we have the thread on CFC for the gents who do not want to register at CDG.

All suggestions are very much requested, and this is your chance to influence a mod that IS going to be finished. I want it to reflect the Fallout Universe as best as possible in civ 3. Your comments can only help that process.

Cheers Thorgrimm
Last edited by Thorgrimm on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I'll take a look at it when I get home - probably a couple of days.. One of the problems I've seen with most of the Fallout2-Civ(2/3) Mods were that they changed the look and details of the game, but they didn't change the feel of the gameplay - they never had the feel that your civilization was struggling just to survive.. Anyhow, like I said, I'll take a look at it when I get the chance and try to get you some comments that are actually based on what you've gotten done..
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Temperacel wrote:
but they didn't change the feel of the gameplay - they never had the feel that your civilization was struggling just to survive..
That is why i want all Fallout fans to give their input. As i want this mod to be as faithfull as possible in civ3 towards the Fallout universe.

Cheers Thorgrimm
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Looks like you have gotten far so you might as well keep going. I don't have Civ3 but might consider it. Also I'm not sure how much you can mod the game. The mod will still basically be Civilization with a Fallouty twist but may be fun regardless.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

One of the things we came up with to represent all the raiders and critters in the wastes was to make what i call minors civs. They will have a specific number of villages, and can not settle anymore. Thay CAN take yours away from you though, and enslave your units to make new workers! So you will have to be carefull as they crank out units by the boatload. Tha major civs will be hard pressed in the beginning, but if they survive and continue to relearn lost technology, eventually they will be able to beat back the raging barbarians! Then they will have to deal with each other. :eyebrow:
Since i do not have a wabsite i have no way to attach pics. If somebody would be kind enough to put them up i wuld like to show the art we have done here on DAC.

Cheers Thorgrimm
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Actually, I think everything looks pretty good...Except the fonts. :) Keep working...Seriously.

If this turns out as good as it looks/sounds, I think I might have to buy Civ3....Wow..Buying a PC game...Never thought I'd do that again. :)

If you want, I could host a webpage for you from my site...Just put together all your images in a *.zip or *.rar and email it to me. I could have a mediocre gallery set up for you by tomorrow afternoon.

Or use AIM and MSG me (ExtremeRyno) or the site's admin Asmo (Asmodeous6)...Or, you could always go to our IRC channel and send us the files DCC..I dunno..Your choice. I'm asking Asmo if he'd want to give you your own area with your own URL and such...I doubt he'll mind.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

ExtremeDrinker, we agree the font sux! That is why we have been looking for a font editoer to change it.
Hell yes i would like for you to host it! As i would like Fallout Fans to keep up with it, and keep the comments coming!
My Microsoft Instant Messaging handle is Thorgrimm5312@Hotmail.com. I do not use that for email, just to use MSNIM.
If you want to get a hold of me go ahead, as i think it would be faster transfering files that way.

As a way of updates i just finished the Leaderheads for the Following Major civs:
The Enclave, President from Fallout2
Brotherhood of Steel, Maxon from Fallout1
The New Reno Mobs, Gizmo from Fallout1
Vault Dwellers, The Overseer from Fallout1
The Children Of the Cathedral, Set from Fallout1
In progress:
The Master for the Unity
Aradesh for The New California Republic
Looking for good gfx for the Empire of the Circuit.

I am currently working on screenies of the Leaderheads in game.

Cheers Thorgrimm
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Got in touch with Asmo..He wants you to email him with a username and password. He'll hook you up with a site with FTP access...We got 20GB bandwidth a month, and we barely scratch the surface as we basically just host images. :)

Asmo: admin@psychopuffs.com

"Asmodeous6 (9:27:39 PM): Just tell him to email me with a subdomain and password.."
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Rhyno, information sent. Thanks again for that as i can then show pics here on DaC. Oh i have posted the screenie of Senior Elder Maxon on CFC, in case anybody wants to check it out.

Cheers Thorgrimm
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's looking great. I guess I'll have to reinstall Civ3 then...
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

There has been a major update. You might want to check out the new terrain and city styles.

Cheers Thorgrimm
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

One thing has bothering me greatly about your project, though... You call ghouls the Children of the Cathedral?!?

What's up with that? The CoC(k?) were people who worshipped the Master and were lead by Morpheus, the high priest. Ghouls (back in Fallout 1) mostly lived in Necropolis and were lead by Set. They were your average brain-eating undead, who just happened to be oppressed by the CoC. The Unity on the other hand is an alliance of all muties (ghouls and supermutants alike) who want to evolve all men to their level yadi yadi yadi.

Is there some kind of a mess-up around here or am I completely on the wrong tracks now?
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Nope, you are correct, that little miscue on my part has been rectified. Now they are called the Children of Set. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Please keep making suggestions.

Cheers Thorgrimm
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Ok, no problem, mate. You're doing great. I love the artwork... Only the terrain seems a bit odd, but I guess it's under construction as well?
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

yes, the terrain is under construction. On page 9 of that thread we have posted new terrain, so you might want to check it out, and let me know what you think.

Cheers Thorgrimm
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Thorgrimm..I think Asmo set you up a site on our server.

http://civfallout.psychopuffs.com/

Looking forward to seeing your page.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Gents, I figured it was time to update the status here on DAC. So what i am going to show is some of the units, tech and buildings in the mod. :) The Buildings were created by Flamescreen. The TWCP Building's tech has been changed to Toxic waste processing since this screenie was taken.

Cheers Thorgrimm
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Looks pretty neato to me, keep up the good work.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Gents, this screenie is of the latest city type Reddog has done for the mod. I would also like to point out the new destroyed city gfx and the NCR Ranger in the lower right hand corner. Reddog also did the destroyed city gfx.

Cheers Thorgrimm
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Just a note about the super mutant unit - shouldn't a city have FEV as a resource to make them?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!