Fallout Mod for CIV 3

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.

Would you like to see a Fallout mod for civ 3

Heck yeah!
71%
Heck no!
3%
Don't care
17%
What is civ 3?
9%

Total votes: 35

Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

PiP wrote:It'd be less confusing for some khm khm members if you put the pictures in the right order dude. Also it'd be nice if they were equally scaled.

I like the rusty one more, but in this small screen some details look too blurred because of the new background - rusty is good but make it legible and so easy to use.
You mean like my rearrangement? :drunk: If I rescale the other one it will lose details to.

The loss of detail was due to the reduction and jpg format. It is as clear as the first one. Only thing changed so far was the background layer. :study:

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I mean on this new background some things like improvements' list, city population etc are unclear and require more effort to browse through with your eyes.
Would it be possible to keep the (good looking) rusty background but have some sorta rectangle unicolour thingy for those items so that they're more legible?
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

I finally played it. And it's a pretty good mod. Keep the good work!

I noticed two things: some typos in the Civilopedia and Vault City is listed under "ghouls".
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Some unit and item descriptions are missing, and backgrounds are pretty messy and make it hard to read. But in many ways, it's quite the terrific mod.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Gents, Sorry I lost my net connection yesterday. Just got it up again.

@Pip, sure I will let Flamand know to try and make it more legible.

@Cthulhu, The Civilopedia is not accurate, it is a work in transition. Also not all of the civ's descriptions are done yet. Do not hesitate to give feedback from your play.

@St. Toxic, a lot of the unit descriptions have not been put in yet. Quite a few have only placeholder descriptions till the units list is finalised. Which backgrounds are messed up? Let me know so I can get the info to Flamand.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I remember a few years ago, I stumbled upon your thread on civfanatics. The project seemed pretty interesting and is still looking so.

One thing though, are you planing to move on to Civ4?
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

S4ur0n27 wrote:I remember a few years ago, I stumbled upon your thread on civfanatics. The project seemed pretty interesting and is still looking so.

One thing though, are you planing to move on to Civ4?
S4ur0n27, no, no plans for civ 4. You need to learn a programming language and have to be able to work with 3d terrain and units to mod civ4. I can do neither, so I must remain with civ3 for the Fallout mod.

TO ALL: The new update is up. Check the mod forum for details and to download it.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Slaughter_Manslaught »

Just in time, Grimthor! I was running out o' space, just got civ3 last night with Conquests and all the rest. Now, I'll pack it to the new HD after I do a little "cleaning" (AKA "FORMAT") and then I'll be ready to go and kick post-nuke ass!

Thanks!
Bring your daughter... to the Slaughter of Manslaught.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:Just in time, Grimthor! I was running out o' space, just got civ3 last night with Conquests and all the rest. Now, I'll pack it to the new HD after I do a little "cleaning" (AKA "FORMAT") and then I'll be ready to go and kick post-nuke ass!

Thanks!
I think you will enjoy it, especially with the new update. :eyebrow:

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

After I'm done with exams, I'll install this bad boy straight away. Hoping there shall be updates before that (Y)
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:After I'm done with exams, I'll install this bad boy straight away. Hoping there shall be updates before that (Y)
More than likely, I just added another unit today. :eyebrow:

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Thor, found a problem: I download the stuff, but they always seems to be corrupted. Why?

EDIT: Heh, funny concidence: You are on CFC too. I got a login there, so I'l post something there.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:Thor, found a problem: I download the stuff, but they always seems to be corrupted. Why?

EDIT: Heh, funny concidence: You are on CFC too. I got a login there, so I'l post something there.
I have no idea why it is corrupted. Others have dled it ok, just slowly with all the dl requests choking the server. :drunk:

Look forward to your input. :pirate:

Here is a screenie of the new Unity Great Wonder that Flamand created, The FEV Vats.
Here is what it does;
Puts a vats building in every mutie city
Gives one happiness
Doubles strength vs barbs
Allows healing in enemy territory
Spits out a veteran mutie every 30 turns. :eyebrow:

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Taking Ancient One's request for minor civs to heart, Flamand and I have decided to add a few minor civs to the mod. :D

These minor civ screenies are only for show. When the updates with them in it are put out, they will not be selectable to play.

First up are The Far-Go Traders. a three city minor who may have just what you are looking for. So maybe you can do a deal with Butch. ;)

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:
PiP

Post by PiP »

CAPTURE THE PRINCESS FTW! :rofl:
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

PiP wrote:CAPTURE THE PRINCESS FTW! :rofl:
Nope, not allowed in the scen, but the Traders do have a shitload of resources that you may need. And with their stock of weaponry, I would not attack them unless you are VERY well prepared. :pirate:

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Hey Thor! Now it's downloading right! I think it was something about Firefox! Tried on IE and Gozilla got it right. I'm downloading it as I speak (or as I type?), I think I'll play this bad boy today!
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:Hey Thor! Now it's downloading right! I think it was something about Firefox! Tried on IE and Gozilla got it right. I'm downloading it as I speak (or as I type?), I think I'll play this bad boy today!
Make sure you get the update that is on the site to. It changes quite a few things. :pirate:

Cheers, Thorgrimm
PiP

Post by PiP »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:Hey Thor! Now it's downloading right! I think it was something about Firefox! Tried on IE and Gozilla got it right. I'm downloading it as I speak (or as I type?), I think I'll play this bad boy today!
perhaps you're using some extension that is not compatible with the newest firefox.
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I'm playing it. It's very good.
But, a question: Why I'm not building mutant settler if I have Mutant Tech, Tribals and Green Goo?
Our Host!