Fallout Mod for CIV 3

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.

Would you like to see a Fallout mod for civ 3

Heck yeah!
71%
Heck no!
3%
Don't care
17%
What is civ 3?
9%

Total votes: 35

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's good to see a Fallout mod project that actually shows progress. I don't have the Conquests expansion for Civ 3 but I might acquire it once you release a playable final version. I like the Pip-Boy interface, but the town screen needs a bit improvement (the brown texture looks outright ugly). Do the radscorpion nests function as barbarian villages?

Also, having unique goals for each faction sounds interesting. I hope it turns out well balanced.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

VasikkA wrote:It's good to see a Fallout mod project that actually shows progress. I don't have the Conquests expansion for Civ 3 but I might acquire it once you release a playable final version. I like the Pip-Boy interface, but the town screen needs a bit improvement (the brown texture looks outright ugly). Do the radscorpion nests function as barbarian villages?

Also, having unique goals for each faction sounds interesting. I hope it turns out well balanced.
VasikkA, yes the radscorp nests are barb villages. The setting for barbs is raging, so they breed barbs rather fast. :eyebrow:

Any suggestions for the city screen background color?

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I glanced through the screenies posted here and the mod looks fantastic (but only from the glance).
I can't decide between trying it out and waiting for the finished product.
How long do you estimate it'll take to finish?

What bothers me is I gotta get that expansion for civ3 first.. D:
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

PiP wrote:I glanced through the screenies posted here and the mod looks fantastic (but only from the glance).
I can't decide between trying it out and waiting for the finished product.
How long do you estimate it'll take to finish?

What bothers me is I gotta get that expansion for civ3 first.. D:
Pip, it is pretty much finished. Mainly finishing the gfx and tweaking the tech trees and costs of things need testing. That is where the Fallout fans can help greatly. The fine details. :joy:

Conquests was needed for some new things added in the editor.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Slaughter_Manslaught »

Hmmm, It will be GREAT from what looks like:

Just two questions:

1º - Barbarians will only be radscorpions? Or they will be Scorpions, Deathclaws, or little bands of Raiders or something like that?

2º - It's possible to play it on multi? Man, it will be lots of fun to fight for the wastes with your friends and kick lots of ass.
Bring your daughter... to the Slaughter of Manslaught.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:Hmmm, It will be GREAT from what looks like:

Just two questions:

1º - Barbarians will only be radscorpions? Or they will be Scorpions, Deathclaws, or little bands of Raiders or something like that?

2º - It's possible to play it on multi? Man, it will be lots of fun to fight for the wastes with your friends and kick lots of ass.
1. No the early barbs are radscorps, the advanced barbs are deathclaws. :eyebrow:

2. I am sure it is playable as a multiplayer game. I just never balanced it for multi.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Thorgrimm wrote:
Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:Hmmm, It will be GREAT from what looks like:

Just two questions:

1. No the early barbs are radscorps, the advanced barbs are deathclaws. :eyebrow:

2. I am sure it is playable as a multiplayer game. I just never balanced it for multi.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Deathclaws? Lol, can you imagine you playing on multi on 2x2, and then your partner just shout "HELPPPP! THERE'S A BUNCHA DEATHCLAWS HERE! I'm GOING TO GET CHOPPED!"
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:Deathclaws? Lol, can you imagine you playing on multi on 2x2, and then your partner just shout "HELPPPP! THERE'S A BUNCHA DEATHCLAWS HERE! I'm GOING TO GET CHOPPED!"
Wait till you get your first notice of a MASSIVE barbarian incursion near a ville of yours. :eyebrow:

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

And the diverse factions? They will have fundamental diferences and all? And by the way, how you produce new ghoul units? I mean, for Ghouls, you need a good little bit of radiation, Am I right, or FEV is on the mix too?
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Slaughter_Manslaught wrote:And the diverse factions? They will have fundamental diferences and all? And by the way, how you produce new ghoul units? I mean, for Ghouls, you need a good little bit of radiation, Am I right, or FEV is on the mix too?
Yup, there are BIG differences between the factions. For example, the Mobs get the best spies and moneymaking abilities. But their units kinda suk. No PA for them. :eyebrow:

The Unity mainly builds its units through enslavements and 'upgrading' to mutant warriors.

The Ghouls and Mutants need a resource called Green Goo in their strategic resources box, to represent FEV and major radiated areas, to make any new units.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Bah i dont have the expansion pack. Would the mod run at all if i installed it with no expansion pack?
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

I just got the new Civilopedia gfx from Flamand, so I thought I would show them off to you folks. :joy:

New Civilopedia

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

Haris wrote:Bah i dont have the expansion pack. Would the mod run at all if i installed it with no expansion pack?
possibly, but all the labels and other things would be messed up. Possibly crash your system to.

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

The Ghouls and Mutants need a resource called Green Goo in their strategic resources box, to represent FEV and major radiated areas, to make any new units.
Looks good, because you don't breed ghouls, you capture humans and dump them to die on big radiated stuff on vats (or FEV if you're a mutant).
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Thats to bad, mod looks great but i have civ3 and civ4 and i feel if i am to buy an expansion pack i rather buy it for civ4.
PiP

Post by PiP »

Haris, stop.
Slaughter_Manslaught
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Thorgrimm wrote:I just got the new Civilopedia gfx from Flamand, so I thought I would show them off to you folks. :joy:

New Civilopedia

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Mighty coolish NCR rangers. Combat Armor all the way, armed to the teeth and all that. Looks finely cool.
Thorgrimm
Respected
Respected

Post by Thorgrimm »

After talking to Flamand about VasikkA's comment about the background color he came up with another City Screen. What I need you folks to do is let me know which of the two you like best. :eyebrow:

City Screen 1

City Screen 2

Cheers, Thorgrimm
Last edited by Thorgrimm on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

The second one.

Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by Cthulhugoat on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
PiP

Post by PiP »

It'd be less confusing for some khm khm members if you put the pictures in the right order dude. Also it'd be nice if they were equally scaled.

I like the rusty one more, but in this small screen some details look too blurred because of the new background - rusty is good but make it legible and so easy to use.
Our Host!