Stalker release date?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Kashluk

Stalker release date?

Post by Kashluk »

So, eh, all the websites I've been to are telling me that STALKER - oblivion lost / shadow of chernobyl, whatever, will be released sometime during the fall or winter 2004... But Yesterday I got my hands onto a local computer magazine, which has a gaming section. There I saw a list of soon-to-be-published games and Stalker was said to be out (HERE in Finland!) on June 18th.

So is that total bullshit or will I be able to get it from the stores already?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Didn't some company had FO3 shipping for this summer?
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

I just heard the world was supposed to end on June 18th from some kid in my history class. Something about three things falling in the southern hemisphere and making a dust cloud. And then lots of hellfire. I'm thinking thats more likely than stalker being released soon.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

No, the world ends in 3900. I hate all those people who say, "Nostradamus predicted the end of the world in the year [1999/2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/etc.]" when he clearly did not. But then again, people are silly. He said the world would end in 3900 with some ascendancy to Eden or some such shit.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I say the world ends when I say so. And I say no. For now. As for STALKER, I bet the end of the year. If you clowns are lucky enough to be foreign from the US, then you'll get it early. They don't have to erase "Oblivion Lost" and write "TEH SHADOWZ OF SHERNOYLB!"
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Ascension to Eden? What scripture is that in?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Since THQ is the publisher (based in California) you're most likely to see STALKER in the US first. That's not for a long time, though. Unless they decide the half finished AI is good enough as is and release it this year.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Ach, so it was all bullshit then? Pfft. I guess it was too good to be true, anyway. Damn magazine.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I've got fifty bucks on STALKER and HL-2 both being vaporware.

avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

atoga wrote:No, the world ends in 3900. I hate all those people who say, "Nostradamus predicted the end of the world in the year [1999/2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/etc.]" when he clearly did not. But then again, people are silly. He said the world would end in 3900 with some ascendancy to Eden or some such shit.

i've heard that too, i've never read nostredamus, but its been rewritten to suit new language so many times.
wasnt there supposed to be a war to end all wars mentioned, then a few hundred years of peace
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The world will end when I die bitches.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

s4ur0n27 wrote:The world will end when I die bitches.
Well, that would make it awfully easy Sauron...
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

jetbaby wrote:I've got fifty bucks on STALKER and HL-2 both being vaporware.
STALKER? Pffft, I doubt it. It's got moderate media hype and everything we've seen has lead us to believe that everything is far from SNAFU.

The real risk is a botched unplayable version of STALKER. Then two weeks later a massively huge patch would be released. It would be teh Bin Laden's fault of course.

As for Half-Life 2, you're fucking insane. People are zealously awaiting the release of Gordon's second over-rated epic. Valve and possibly Sierra would be literally burned to the ground if HL-2 disappeared.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Mr. Green wrote:STALKER? Pffft, I doubt it. It's got moderate media hype and everything we've seen has lead us to believe that everything is far from SNAFU.
Yeah... besides a few years of delays so far.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Game, set, match. Burn. Total pwn. Oh snap. Yahtzee

I stand corrected, don't I?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Mr. Green wrote:People are zealously awaiting the release of Gordon's second over-rated epic.
I'm happy there's finally someone who thinks the same of HL as I do.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Off-topic, I'll be the first one to say that Half-Life is a good game. I'll dare say it's a great first person shooter. But hell if it's OMFG, TEH GR8-EST GAME EVAH.

Half-Life 2's gonna be a good game, I'll buy it once the price goes down but I'm not pre-ordering a 20 hour long physics engine demo.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Gotta agree with that. I really liked Half-Life too, but it's not like it was the best game of all times. Not that FPS's in general are so good anyways... HL might've been the best shooter back in the day, but then again there were games like Fallout too, which served it a whole full can of whoop-ass IMO.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Half-life was acceptable. The greatest part about it was the modability. Things like ARG! and PVK are easily some of the greatest games ever.

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Mistah Green wrote:Valve and possibly Sierra would be literally burned to the ground if HL-2 disappeared.
... So? ... :apathy:

Anyway, bring on the STALKER. And I still haven't played Far Cry yet. :glum:

Edit: And change your sig. It's lame. :sodomize:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Our Host!