Half-Life mod Dust, already in progress

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.

Are you able to map, model, skin, animate, code or script for Half-Life?

yes
36%
no
43%
Whats Half-Life??
21%

Total votes: 14

fiveOne5
SDF!
SDF!

Half-Life mod Dust, already in progress

Post by fiveOne5 »

Hiya, i just wanted to tell that i have a fallout 2 based mod called Dust, we already have members but we are in need of lots more and we are missing some positions, if you want to join, check out the site www.dustmod.tk for contact info and everything on the mod. We are both singleplayer and multiplayer, not just multiplayer like the wastes. Out.
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

It's a shame I don't know 'bout Half-life modding...oh well I hope you have great luck with your mod. It better be alot better than the Wasteland mod. I hated that mod. 8)
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Det0x
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Det0x »

if you need a tester give me a call
[Khans]Det0x
AKA Murdoc
Neocron
XILLER
SDF!
SDF!

Post by XILLER »

I'd also be more than happy to help test the mod and/or give support (not programming modeling etc).
X-ILLER
G.E.T.
Him a Gun
MrWacco
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MrWacco »

Knight wrote:It's a shame I don't know 'bout Half-life modding...oh well I hope you have great luck with your mod. It better be alot better than the Wasteland mod. I hated that mod. 8)
What do people have against wasteland/The Wastes, The maps for it are very good

I hope the dust mod luck

http://dustmod.fateback.com/mappics/fal ... 20000s.jpg

the area around the cracked wall needs some debris, and the crack does really look like a broken wall

http://dustmod.fateback.com/mappics/fal ... 20001s.jpg

same with this screenshot

http://dustmod.fateback.com/mappics/fal ... 20003s.jpg

This looks a bit 'clinical' and not wasty

I'm just try to give advice, even if you dislike Wasteland/The Wastes there maps are more Post Apocalyptic at present (As those are only ALPHA screenys there ok :P)
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

As far as I can tell the reason some people hate The Wastes so much is it's too damn hard and trying not to take so much damage actually matters in the game. They're used to spoon fed mods like Counter Strike and Action Half Life. TW has the best custom maps I've seen anywhere.

thewastes.de or wastelandhalflife.com have some good downloads. One map in particular is called wl_smudge or scruffy or something. It's basically a nuked out city decades later after scavengers picked it clean. It creeps me out every time I'm sniping from a half collapsed apartment building with scattered ancient bed frames and couches buried in sand.

The only thing I hate about the mod is the terrible Half Life engine. What a load of crap! In the time it's taking them to release a second beta they could have started from the ground up on the UT engine.
Grey_Ghost
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Grey_Ghost »

FoT Power armor! 8O

*shudder*

Grey_Ghost
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I think the wastes was an excellent mod with great mapping and modeling, but it's problem was that I could never find more then two people playing at a time.

I wish the dust project good luck and post here when the first beta is out.
MrWacco
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MrWacco »

i know what you mean about small amout of players dan

but sometimes there are largish games in the wastes

btw is it just me or does the Dust Mod seem dead?
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

MrWacco wrote:i know what you mean about small amout of players dan

but sometimes there are largish games in the wastes

btw is it just me or does the Dust Mod seem dead?

I can't seem to find more then two servers, did you find more?

The dust mod website is dead.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

sweet! this is like what me and my friend where gonna make.

i suggest making the power armor into FO1+2 rather than FOT power armor. even though it is cooler, it wont go over as well

im pretty good with Ms3d. just send me some models so i have a basic frame of reference for size, then you can rotate them, fit them, ect.

id really like to help.
give me some guidlines like max-poly count, and if you need a removable clip, or whatever.
id really like to help but i havent really modeled FOR a game, like, the models arent used in a game, so just tell me what you need.
i picture of the item would make it easyer.

mail me at
Ajaximus@hotmail.com
or
Alechenning@yahoo.com

thanks
DrWacco
Respected
Respected

Post by DrWacco »

Strapon2 go to there website and contact them from there 515 has only posted once and I doubt has checked this thread again
if you want to join, check out the site www.dustmod.tk for contact info and everything on the mod
see to join do what he says, and Dan there are only are sometimes more than two servers

there is always the Gamesden one which isn't very good, there is also my clans one ([DR]) which is on quite often and sometimes there is Tjopens one up. alot fo the time the [DR] has people in, games don't really get any bigger than 6 people though
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

Knight wrote:It's a shame I don't know 'bout Half-life modding...oh well I hope you have great luck with your mod. It better be alot better than the Wasteland mod. I hated that mod. 8)
If you've gone to the site for that craptastical dust mod, you'll see they have no coder...so basically there won't be any mod till they get one...and I can't say by the looks of it that they will anytime soon. I say give up on it and get that game Devestation when it's out. :)
Our Host!