Vault13 Forum Skin

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Should a "Vault13" skin be made for this forum?

Yes! Bring back the darkness of the Vault!
52%
Not on your life buddy! All those Vault13 losers are just gonna have to deal with it.
10%
Just as long as they make another forum skin option for those of us who don't want that look.
34%
I don't care, but I felt like voting anyway. In fact.... What's wrong with subsilver?
3%

Total votes: 29

Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Tigersclaw wrote: I've switched to it, and It reminds me of good ol' Vault 13. But there are (still) a number of contrast-issues. It looks as it's going to be good when you're done with it though.

Good luck...
Yeah, not too bad considering I don't know what I'm doing here. :)

I just figured out that if I want buttons and graphics other than the subsilver ones, I'm going to have to make a template out of this scheme.
------------------
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Not bad indeed, but I want the old DAC colors back as well, so we can have some variety over the selection. The title light green is the worse part for the moment.
Tigersclaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tigersclaw »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:
Yeah, not too bad considering I don't know what I'm doing here. :)

I just figured out that if I want buttons and graphics other than the subsilver ones, I'm going to have to make a template out of this scheme.
Yep... Otherwise you may end up modifying the same buttons for every theme. You seem to gotten the gradients right. But the most light shade of green still burns my eyes and monitor :)

On all there's not too much left to fix... Subsilver gets tired after a while :-)
Seize the day...
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Flamescreen wrote:Not bad indeed, but I want the old DAC colors back as well, so we can have some variety over the selection. The title light green is the worse part for the moment.
If I ever finish the V13 green one, I'll try my hand at a DAC orange theme. The old DAC orange and white color scheme on forum planet was a bit too bright for my tastes, so I may not be the best choice for it.
Tigersclaw wrote:Yep... Otherwise you may end up modifying the same buttons for every theme. You seem to gotten the gradients right. But the most light shade of green still burns my eyes and monitor
Are you talking about the bright green that's where the "Author" and "Message" things are? If so, yeah, that's pretty bright right now. It's a gif though, so that's easy to fix up.
Last edited by Saint_Proverbius on Thu May 30, 2002 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Soulfish
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Soulfish »

like I said the only way to create a proper theme (ie one not based on subsilver) is to do it via CSS and the template files, creating a totaly new template :)

Now as for a DAC theme i've got one sitting on my hard drive.....not quite finished. I'll see about a V13 one when I'm finished with this.
Soulfish
Gate Network - Network Admin
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

:lol: I just checked the PhPvb2 and it looks like crap! Don't like it at all. I find it somewhat childish.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Soulfish wrote:like I said the only way to create a proper theme (ie one not based on subsilver) is to do it via CSS and the template files, creating a totaly new template :)

Now as for a DAC theme i've got one sitting on my hard drive.....not quite finished. I'll see about a V13 one when I'm finished with this.
Good, then I can stop. :D
------------------
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Nooooo, go ahead! Who wouldn't like a V13 ver1, V13 ver2 theme? You have my vote to continue...(note: this is not sarcasm or irony).
Last edited by Flamescreen on Thu May 30, 2002 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigersclaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tigersclaw »

Soulfish wrote:like I said the only way to create a proper theme (ie one not based on subsilver) is to do it via CSS and the template files, creating a totaly new template :)
Well, you're right, but if the colours are all that you really want to fix it's good enough. My main bad points with subSilver is:

1) The colours are boring
2) It wastes lots of space with it's bulkiness

Then yet again, the prime reason to go here are the posts, so layout comes in second place I guess... :)
Seize the day...
Tigersclaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tigersclaw »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:

Good, then I can stop. :D
Nah... It's looking good. Finish it..

The "burning green colour" I spoke of is then one you get in the "Post a reply"-window after you press the "Post a replybutton"
Seize the day...
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Tigersclaw wrote: The "burning green colour" I spoke of is then one you get in the "Post a reply"-window after you press the "Post a replybutton"
I've not noticed that yet. I'll check it out. Greg is working on a template based on subSilver now to replace what you're looking at here. Since he made the V13 template for vBulletin, he should be able to do a decent job.
------------------
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Also, like I mentioned earlier, i would be nice if the text-box for replies could be white- having it black allows it to almost fade away!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

The DAC style is good - that will be my default. The icons need improving though. Are you working on that or do you need a hand? The only improvement I can suggest is more contrast - "contrast goood".
Soulfish
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Soulfish »

Well the DAC colour scheme is still very rough around the edges - and yes I do need some one to do the graphics for me :oops:

Can do html and stuff but not graphics ;)
Soulfish
Gate Network - Network Admin
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I'll redo a few sample buttons to match the scheme and email 'em to ya.
Tigersclaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tigersclaw »

After testing them both I prefer the V13, but the DAC looks promising...
Seize the day...
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

They're gonna get even better when Saint gets the icons fixed up as well!

>cheers on Saint_Proverbius<

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Button comments?

Hmmm, doesn't look good with V13 colors but is perfect for DAC....
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Wow..... I like 'em both. The dank darkness of Vault13 and the old DAC colours. I am in awe. I don't know which one to choose....

*Wipes drool off his chin*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

They're nice but the ornage should be changed o something else for the Vault 13 theme...

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Our Host!