Vault13 Forum Skin

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Should a "Vault13" skin be made for this forum?

Yes! Bring back the darkness of the Vault!
52%
Not on your life buddy! All those Vault13 losers are just gonna have to deal with it.
10%
Just as long as they make another forum skin option for those of us who don't want that look.
34%
I don't care, but I felt like voting anyway. In fact.... What's wrong with subsilver?
3%

Total votes: 29

DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Vault13 Forum Skin

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Compatriots, as we are all aware, Vault13 has closed. HOWEVER, as such, many lost souls have wandered into this place and are now calling this forum home. I am one of those Vault13 ex-patriots and I believe that I am NOT ALONE in that I am not the only one who longs for the dark black and green sanctity of the Vault.

Now, as those of us from Vault13 miss the old forum feeling, I ask, would it be worth having a special forum skin created so that those who wish the Vault13 feel may choose to browse this forum using that skin?

Can that be done? Pretty please? Preeeeeetty, preeeettty, preeeeettty please? With sugar on top? And a cherry?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I'll add my voice to the crowd...

PLEASE???
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

I as well.

PLEASE???
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Make the skin, and we'd probably be able to give you the option.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Kreegle wrote:Make the skin, and we'd probably be able to give you the option.
How do we do that? What's the file that we need to muck around with?
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Hehe, don't ask me! I've never done it before. Maybe check out the phpbb site and see what their FAQ says.
Tigersclaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tigersclaw »

Howdy...

To make a new skin for phpbbs you first need to be administrator and go to the administration mode.

Go to the "Style Administration" and select "Managment". Click "Edit" on the Subsilver-skin.

Here a some interesting values
Table Row Colour 1: The lightest row colour
Table Row Colour 2: The medium row color
Table Row Colour 3: The darkest row colour

Table Header Colour 1: Border round the whole page
Table Header Colour 2: Outer table border
Table Header Colour 3: Inner table border

(The values are in the hex-form. eg. FFFFFF for white)

You also need to fix cellpic1 - 3 (They're the gradients you se on the page) with Photoshop, PSP, Gimp or whatever prog you like.

It's fairly easy but takes some time. Also remember that buttons need to be repainted so you don't get anti-aliasing jaggies.
Seize the day...
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

ehhh... i'm not going to hate on you guys... but i think the option for it is nice.

just the thought came to mind that though we're all sharing a forum now, this is still DAC (my condolences to V13). a lot of us came from DAC (ok, some) and i for one would feel more at home with the old orange and grey color scheme... maybe something to match the title page...

PH34R MY METAL PIKACHU! hehe, actually, this is an added (edit) post. i'm eating my words cuz i didn't read all the choices. i guess if you guys would feel more comfortable with familiar colors, it'd be nice for the choice to be there.
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Soulfish
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Soulfish »

the only way to create a proper theme is to download one of the many already created themes and edit the CSS file that comes with it. Problem is that takes forever, because you've also got to figure out what each of the vaules does meaning you've got to open up each of the template pages to find out ;)
Soulfish
Gate Network - Network Admin
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Soulfish wrote:the only way to create a proper theme is to download one of the many already created themes and edit the CSS file that comes with it. Problem is that takes forever, because you've also got to figure out what each of the vaules does meaning you've got to open up each of the template pages to find out ;)
*Adds it to list of things to do*
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

PLEASE !!! 8O
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Seems to me when I looked at the phpbb site you could download a zip file which had a psd file attached. This psd file could be modded in Photoshop 6.0 to give you the look you desired. Entered text may be a different story.

Uhh, my vote is something more along the lines of the old DAC colors. The current silver look is generic-bland. But it is better than any of the other DL-able styles.
Tigersclaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tigersclaw »

phpbb can handle more than just one skin. If you look in your profile, you'll find a droplist called "Board Style". Today you can choose between the subsilver and phpVB2 (Muchos niceos :-) )

This means that you (the admin) could easily copy some templates from phpbb's downloadpage and mod them to make both a "classic DAC" and a "classic Vault13" skin. The main problem is the time and effort needed.
Seize the day...
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Every user can decide what look they want on the forum. In the profile there's a drop-down menu where you can choose, so we could have both V13 and DAC (and even subSilver for those who like it alot), and everyone could see the forum the way they want it. Joy!
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Yep. So for all of the technically able people out there: be my guest! :)

If you can come up with a nice looking skin which suits DAC, I don' t think we'd have any problems adding it to the options. Good luck!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

What if we submitted a skin, but it wasnt related to fallout....would you put that up anyway?
:chew:
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe. Depends if it's any good. Fallouty schemes are preferred, but other cool schemes might be accepted.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Just as long as they make another forum skin option for those of us who don't want that look.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

I'm working on it now. You can see what I've done so far by changing your profile theme preference to "V13 Green".

It's not too pretty yet.
------------------
Tigersclaw
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Tigersclaw »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:I'm working on it now. You can see what I've done so far by changing your profile theme preference to "V13 Green".

It's not too pretty yet.
I've switched to it, and It reminds me of good ol' Vault 13. But there are (still) a number of contrast-issues. It looks as it's going to be good when you're done with it though.

Good luck...
Seize the day...
Our Host!