I can't find it.

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Karl is in the Den in the bar in the eastern part of the town, just below Slavers guild.

Before you take the message to Modoc, examine on of the bodies which are been pierced with a pole.
Then go down to Slag caves and north. There is an exit grid. Go there and there are kids. Talk to them and one of them opens a dialogue window. Ask if his name is Johny and tell him that his father send you to find him. He'll ask his fathers name. That is Balthas.

Now in Den speka to Karl and ask him what's his story. Then head back to Modoc and tell Jo about Karl, the bodies and the boy if you need to. He should agree with the Slag message. Go back to the farm and ask Vegeir if you can take Johny back. He sends you and Johny back to Modoc.
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Thanks for that but I don't have kids in my version (English) I may put them in but I don't know if it's worth it.
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

What you get is you'll be able to complete the Johnny quest, you can return the Nixon doll to Curtis in Vault City, and in the forced first encounter with Frank Horrigan, instead of just a man and a woman, a child will be slaughtered as well. Plus there's kids in The Den so you can steal back your stuff, there's annoying children in Klamath, and the Wrights actually have children.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Yup. Getting the children-patch is definitely worth it!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I'll download the US patch then, I already have the children thing but I need the US patch to make it work.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

only put the children after doing everything in The Den (those annoying sons of bitches steal everything).
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

But all the patch does is make them visible. They still steal your stuff, even without the patch. So the patch enables you to kill the mother****ing b*****ds and get your stuff back.
Little hint - use combat mode to walk past them without being robbed.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I love pizza....

I mean, I love that combat-trick, it works every time!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

It can get you into the Vault in Vault City when you're not a citizen.

I love pizza, just had one for dinner :D
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

It can get you into a lot of places- and out of a lot of trouble as well!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Ok, something VERY strange just happened. I went to do some boxing. I attacked and it said a critical miss losing my next turn. It said I had lost. I tried again and as soon as it said round 1 in red the fight ended saying I had lost by knockout. Am I the only one? Does this always happen? Is it a glitch?
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

The boxing has a million bugs. Sometimes the game just freezes while loading the fight, sometimes the enemy moves after he is defeated (the screen is black, but I can see the red lines which is the enemy)....does the same in San Fran when I'm fighting the Fu Man Chuz...they just move when the screen is black, if they don't die when I give them a beating, they are still in the ring WITH the next opponent.

Now think how hard it is to beat three of them in the same time....
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I've never had any problems with either arena- maybe I'm just a lucky fella?

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Guess you are :D

It helped a little to patch the game to the newest, but I still have that enemy moving when screen is black. Worst thing is that they sometimes come after you and hit you then....but usually they just run away.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

You have to do the boxing in a specific way to AVOID bugs.

First you need NOT to kill anyone. If you do chances are it'll screw up.
Second, if you knock him out, you can still hit him, but again, don't kill him. I suggest NOT inflicting too much damage (ie, leave him with 1 more shot until he's out), as sometimes when he'll get up he won't fight back. When that happens, first go back into attack mode and wait a turn (make sure to stay away so he doesn't hit you and then inflict the final blow...). If he still doesn't attack you, then attack him once and things should be back to normal.
Third, once the ennemy has "given up" just let him run away for a round, and the fight will end the next turn. Don't attack him. Note that during this round you can save, while saving anywhere else can both produce bugs, and put you in a bad position (having to press "A" as soon as the game loads, as otherwise you'll lose a turn)
So fourth is found in Third: don't save anywhere else then the "empty" turn between fights.

Every fight I've done following these rules allowed me a bugless fight.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

I always had probs with that but then i patched and the fights went just fine, i use a the secret arts of the asian wastes (actually i use an art i made up) hell i knocked out the Masticator with a single blow, its easy just keep aiming to the groin (and use the plated gloves) :roll: easy.

Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

You Fool! You must fight with honor or you shall never eat lightning and crap thunder!

I just hit him with normal hits so long that he drops...
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Warlord wrote:You Fool! You must fight with honor or you shall never eat lightning and crap thunder!

I just hit him with normal hits so long that he drops...
A hit in his balls and if he faints you win instantly (in New Reno) now in SanFran i aim to the balls but when they faint i hit'em in the eyes until he dies (hey a rime) :roll:

Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

:D
That works too. I like bashing the heads. With Slayer, I usually score an instant death critical. Works in hitting the torso too.
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

TheReaper wrote:Ok, something VERY strange just happened. I went to do some boxing. I attacked and it said a critical miss losing my next turn. It said I had lost. I tried again and as soon as it said round 1 in red the fight ended saying I had lost by knockout. Am I the only one? Does this always happen? Is it a glitch?
It's deliberate. The programmers put it in so that if you have a critical error or make a bad mistake, the other guy automatically wipes you out. Unfair? Maybe.
Our Host!