Fallout: Wasteland Mod in Progress

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Fallout: Wasteland Mod in Progress

Post by Phias »

Me and a few of my personal friends are working on quite an ambitious modification for Fallout 2. If completed succesfully, it will include new speech, sounds, some new movies(created with 3D Studio Max) and many more things, including...

*New cities
*A slide show when the game is beaten
*New characters and critters
*Some new music
*New weapons and items

The project has just started, and some of the movies are completed. A web site is being made that will, at the time of the mods completion, hopefully host the mod. This mod certainly is ambitious, and hopefully will see completion before the end of this year.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Very cool. Try to get screenshots on the web as soon as possible, so we can drool a pit after your work ;)
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

You should definately have a website and something to show, before making major announcements. There has been and are many ambitious mods that aim for greatness, and they either haven't or wont see the light of day for some reason or another.

I can see sense in announcing if you're looking for people to help, otherwise, this should be up for discussion in the Fan Fallout forum.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

If you need some help with weapon/item design, game design, or speechwork, drop me a line, I'de be glad to help.
Harriers for the cup.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

I'm available for any of the above too.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

I wanna do the voice of a ghoul.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

Alright! I love the reaction I'm getting. We've already completed a medium-sized city. It's fully functional, has about 5 quests and a good design. If I can find someone to e-mail it to, I'll fix my e-mail and do it right away.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I can design a mean plot or some wacky sidequests or something so long as I'm not too spent. So drop me a line if you need that kind of thing.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

I have an Arroyo map that some dude made. Found it on a random polish site. Its very very nice, including the Temple of Trials and all that jazz.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Mr PotatoHead why are you replying to a year old thread about a modification to F02? Is the mod still in progress? And since it's for FO2 why would they be interested in another temple of trials map anyway?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!