UT2004 Demo

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

UT2004 Demo

Post by Mad Max RW »

I just finished a few rounds of the new UT2004 demo, and I have to admit they did one hell of a job. In Onslaught you have 2 teams fighting over energy nodes or something. What really makes it shine are the vehicles. There's flying dealies, hovering things, jeeps, tanks, and turrets. They're all easy to get into and control. A game of around 20 people is fucking insane.

Assault is basically the same as the original UT. The demo map takes place in these giant truck type deals and the whole setting reminds me of that Bandits post apoc driving game from a while back. It's very cool ducking behind stuff while the truck next to you is covering the area with machine gun fire.

The weapons rock. It just feels more like Unreal than UT2k3's Quake-style arsenal. Sounds, models, animations, and damage are all redone.
Music is way better. Again, much like the original UT.
Main menu is like a prettier version of UT's.
Graphics are very good although textures are lower res in the demo to keep the file size down (209MB).
Bots are surprisingly good even at average difficulty. They have no problems jumping into vehicles, too.

The whole package is damn good. There's a million mirrors out there, and if you can find one that works I highly recommend checking it out.
Last edited by Mad Max RW on Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

i'll give it a try.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

anyone with UT2003 ever get this:
<?int?UT2003.General.Abbreviation?> Build UT2003_Build_[2002-10-28_01.28]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2081 MHz with 447MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU (4303)

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine
EDIT: nevermind that i fixed it. now im getting a virtual memory problem for some fucking reason.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I was playing it for a bit and its pretty much just like the 2003 demo, nothing new here. When it gets fast past my nose starts running and my eyes get soar, its because i'm so hardcore at it.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Well, in about 85 minutes, my download of the demo from FilePwanet will start. After I get it DLed and played some, I'll post. I just hope my dusty 1.3 P4 can handle it...

Loved the original UT, never played 2K3, dunno if there was one between those two.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

You know, someone here should host a DaC members only server so I can severly pWn all you. I fucking love UT.

This is all of youse guys after feeling my wrath ---> :flamed:

Cheers
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Max-Violence wrote:Well, in about 85 minutes, my download of the demo from FilePwanet will start. After I get it DLed and played some, I'll post. I just hope my dusty 1.3 P4 can handle it...

Loved the original UT, never played 2K3, dunno if there was one between those two.
Theres a couple of commercial sites that dont have wait lines, like 3dgamers
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Never really been into this sci-fi hogusbogus laser zappers and stuff.
CoD owns.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Got it, played it, will probably buy it. Is it even out yet? I'm about a year late with release dates.

Vehicles are always fun, especially the flying thingies (haven't actually used one yet) and the Scorpion jeep. Nothin' like clotheslining two bad guys while running over a third!

Note: The AVRIL is haaaaaandy. All the weapons are rather deadly. Possible exception of the Shield Gun. Don't know quite what to do with it.

Also, what's the use/how to you use Adrenaline?
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

I think this adds a lot more to the game, it makes it feel a lot more team based then run-around-shooting-everything-which-moves.

Adrenaline makes you run faster.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

There's a bunch of combinations for the adrenaline. Hitting the back button 4 time gives you regeneration. Forward 4 times makes you run fast. Right twice, then left twice makes you invisible. Left twice, then right twice makes you shoot faster. There might be a few more.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

EvoG wrote:You know, someone here should host a DaC members only server so I can severly pWn all you. I fucking love UT.

This is all of youse guys after feeling my wrath ---> :flamed:

Cheers
A few years back I customized my UT bots based on DaC member profiles (for instance, Apostles Ass only have 1 eye so his accuracy sucked). Played a game for 150 frags, and the bloody OTB bot beat me by 1 kill.

I personally dislike UT2k3 though. Too quaky. Haven't seen anything on the new one.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Mad Max RW wrote:There's a bunch of combinations for the adrenaline. Hitting the back button 4 time gives you regeneration. Forward 4 times makes you run fast. Right twice, then left twice makes you invisible. Left twice, then right twice makes you shoot faster. There might be a few more.
Sweet! Note to self: Play some more after work.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Stainless wrote:A few years back I customized my UT bots based on DaC member profiles (for instance, Apostles Ass only have 1 eye so his accuracy sucked). Played a game for 150 frags, and the bloody OTB bot beat me by 1 kill.

I personally dislike UT2k3 though. Too quaky. Haven't seen anything on the new one.
Haha, cute...but no, I meant like REALLY playing against all you fools and watching you perish under my might.

Onslaught is quite t3h FuN!

Cheers
Zed
Respected
Respected

Post by Zed »

I like the ut2k4 demo. The minigun feels a bit over-powered though. Or maybe it's just me.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Yeah, got it played it, love it hardcore stile. Just a question here - is the "master server" up and running and contactable for any of you guys? Keeps telling me it can't contact it when I try to join any games. Oh well, the bots are quite efficient, even if they're not quite the same as human players :-/
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

they stole the idea from starsiege tribes, wich i still find one of the better multiplay games(renegade modded version i mean)
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Burnov »

You'd think with guys in huge armor suits running and circle-strafing around effortlessly at 60 scale miles an hour would render any kind of vehicle obsolete. Or at least just a huge retarded liability.

I'm not a big fan of those quake style games. Or any game played from a first person perspective that is not Operation Flashpoint.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Zed wrote:I like the ut2k4 demo. The minigun feels a bit over-powered though. Or maybe it's just me.
Oooh.

My weapon of choice and weapon I was most skilled with Ye Olde Minigun.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I think the minigun is well balanced now, for UT2k3 I, from the beginning, always felt it was a little too weak? Then again, the minigun turrets in the assault map do quite an effective job of brutally owning anything and everything without a chance of retribution... so I donno.
Our Host!