not fanart - but tired and worn anyway.

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

not fanart - but tired and worn anyway.

Post by evilmonkey »

I call it "the-baby-ogre-head" - more or less the physic of a child, with some extra age added - 20 minutes or so with the paddio.

but that one is even less fallout - well you could make it fallout by considering the yang guy a corpse, and then yin woman something else instead - perhaps just a wanderer.

BUT - well the reason I do post here is because I'm making a larger picture, indeed apoc inspired, perhaps more by the priest then by fallout, but anyway - just working on the spaces at the moment - so the question is, the clear style of the child/ogre or the strokeheavy style of the Yin/Yang one? The later of course takes way more time for me then the first.

[EDIT] and any thoughts on the avatar I drew up would be welcomed indeed.

[EDIT2]
added a picture I made during the fall
Last edited by evilmonkey on Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Black is the Colour that Shines on my Path
Black is the Colour of Freedom
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

scary stuff.

the 2nd one is almost like cross hatching, u did this on a pad u say?
bey.
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

- yes, both are made using a intous 2 A4 from wacom - and by keeping oneself with onesize of pen with a flow and size variation based upon pen pressure and tilt it looks somewhat like it was made on paper with an inkpen (besides lacking the grain of the paper once you scan something in).

by starting with a black background on the later, well that creates an other effect.

but with the last picture I was forced to use black to fix up some problem areas, like the hair, and parts of the face, adding some detail you can't really do with a normal pen and eraser, or with a blackpad and some irtonstick to etch out white either. Actually you can see it in the eyes on the first as well, pretty poor :/
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Woah. #2 rocks. Great style man, that's the way to go.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

The grumpy guy on top reminds me of Mike Judge's "Milton" character from TV Funhouse.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Wow nice original style. I love how vivid that second one is. You get 4 silly guardians.

BTW, is the guy in the first one lying in a pile of pubic hair?
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

^ that would explain why he's got his mouth shut so tight and his ears cover, don't want no pubes in him
bey.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I like the second one best. The eyes on the first one are good though.

I like the avatar. Is it a monkey in a suit or something?
:chew:
evilmonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by evilmonkey »

Megatron wrote:I like the second one best. The eyes on the first one are good though.

I like the avatar. Is it a monkey in a suit or something?
Just an angry monkey - drawn with relativly few lines - jah know those minimalists, anyway I was inspired by it, that is find a simple form to express something.

note:
the noes line lost a pixel, and the eyelids should probably connect with each other better then they do now - the later somewhat turns it into a drunk and angry monkey - or T.york.

I was going to watch some of your doings earlier today megatron, but it seems you clear out your picture archives too fast.

-
As for the first picture, well pubes or sound, stress and pressure - something is it anyway, it is not me, and didn't reflect me at the time, even if I might have done a pose like it when I was younger, so do fill in the blanks with whatever you want.
Our Host!