My Story

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Megatron, you kinda missed the point. A lot more people received the email besides the handful of regulars who get a kick out of it anyway.

And Silver, you have a point, but it's a stupid one. I bought my car from a guy who spent most of his life caring for it. I promised I'd take as good care of it and I did. But, if I chopped the thing up and added all sorts of gizmos he can't do shit because I'm the rightful owner. In the case of Kreegle he never really "retired" from DAC or gave it up 100%. He still had access to the ftp and everything else. He was doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes. If he really wanted to retire, which I doubt he ever did, then he could have given up every little thing.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I got the point, why else would I send the e-mail? It just doesn't seem anything worth shutting down the site for.

It wasn't even that bad.
I first banned Kashluk, the FO3d guys, ozrat, kharn and subhuman. Then I changed johnnys title and ghetto gooses. I made guardian a mod for the trashcan and axelgreese mod of everything, because he asked. I changed some words around too. I sent a mass e-mail of fist out. Chances are everyone on the internet has seen something they didn't want too anyway. I deleted Submit News and re-named general discussion.

Spazmo auto-pruned the boards a few times and messed it up. But he also added some words, banned some people and did something with the smileys. Also some other stuff but I dunno?

Overall nothing terrible and unfixable.

I don't think it'll stagnate again for a while, it seems to have increased community 'spirit' or something. Half of the people posting now either stopped posting or hadn't posted before. The site was near death anyway, this just let it last a little longer?

Also the dumb smileys will probably encourage posts that don't rely on a bunch of : ) too get the message across?
:chew:
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I purged a few of the randomly stupid comments from this thread that LlamaGod posted so that it flows a little better. Its long enough to read as it is.

Kreegle, I think you did go over the top in response to Zig's and Pyro's fun. But I dunno, it seems they were a little excessive in their stirring. I don't think regulars like Kash should be banned even though they may be a-holes. We should look at a new direction for the boards though and mebbe make it less hostile?? A little hostility among friends is ok - you fuckers know who you are, but lets try not to flame everybody. I try to delete those posts that do that whenever possible.
PP666
SDF!
SDF!

Post by PP666 »

I agree completely with Kreegle, except for the fact that he didn't tell SP about the action. It was completely insane to give admin powers to those who you just know will fuck up the board (don't care weither or you it's easily undone - you just don't do it).

Kreegle's action, as far as I get it, was to make sure the site survived, one way or another, in this case by giving the ftp access to NMA. It's not about your work/my work, but about keeping the damn thing alive.

Oh, and Megatron - that was a fucking sick thing to do. Don't care wheither or not 'everyone has seen those pictures before'. If you can give me a good explanation of why you do something like that, other than 'felt like doing shit and causing havoc', I'd sure like to know about it - or maybe not.
And yeah, I hardly visit these forums, cause I have no interest in arguing with idiots - and yeah, there are a lot of intelligent people here, but just like in this thread there are always fuckers who enjoy posting completely useless replies (yeah, like this one - at least I gave it some consideration before posting).

So, anyone can tell me how you are going to solve this ? Preferably in a non-violent, non-childish way, thank you.

My 2 cents.
'Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipio ..'
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

YOU KNOW WOT I CAN'T STAND!! HOW NUN OF YOU CAN FUKING SPELLL....OR USE FRASES PROPORLY!!

FFS... www.dictionary.com ...UNLESS YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE, LOOK IT MOTHERFUCKING UP!!

Phew, I thought that would break up the tension here. Really, the good threads have a lot of posts, and I'll normally sit through them....its just the spelling...god.

No seriously, the smilies suck, pwease fix.

Cheers
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Well, I'm not going to go into the while Killzig/Megatron/Fist.jpg issue, but I will note one thing.

Quite frankly, Saint's been around/involved with DAC longer than anyone in this thead and on this site than one other person (well, unless Jay pops his head up again).* Myself, and I was the only one who moderated the forums since Paul was off doing more important projects, and then he later handed DAC over to someone else, someone who really didn't bother to contact the others involved with the site and decided to make the move to GameSpy.

Then it was either join the Gamespy forums or go. Guess which I picked?

* - And he knows well how the forums were handled, and back then was before Interplay and assoc. developers decided to lie and jerk us around openly. Paul even made some news posts that brought a grin to my face.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

PP666 wrote:. It's not about your work/my work, but about keeping the damn thing alive.
Keeping it alive by closing it down?

knowing kreegs a bit I can understand why he did it even if I don't agree with him... I think a lot of people would have been less disappointed and/or confused had you explained your actions beforehand, maybe even consulted your colleagues? seems like a silly, ill-tempered action taking the site down like that. shouldn't act in frustration pardner :S
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Megatron wrote:3) It didn't harm the community at all. We had the most users last night and already have a lot of newer members.
Which was probably do more to Kreegle closing the site than it was to you dicking around.
Literacy is overated.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Well it surely did liven up the forums and gave DAC a burst of blood, so overall last night’s events weren’t really that bad on DAC’s behalf.

Call it a resurrection if you will.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Shut up all, seeing a goatse won't kill you, Kashluk getting banned isn't the end of the world, and having your thread/post deleted is daily stuff.

Only stupid move was Kreeg telling us DAC was gone for good. Selfish move truely. It's not only his business, or SP's or Kill's, all of us posting here are posting here because we like DAC, and because we want it, goatses included or not.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Mad Max RW wrote:And Silver, you have a point, but it's a stupid one.
Ewww I could say I broke it down to your level, but that would make me even more retarded I guess.

So sorry my 'example' was too stupid for ya.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

s4ur0n27 wrote:It's not only his business, or SP's or Kill's, all of us posting here are posting here because we like DAC, and because we want it, goatses included or not.
All together now;

We are family
I got all the spammers with me
We are DaC
Get up ev'rybody and sing

Ev'ryone can see we're together
As we surf on by
(FLY!) and we fly just like birds of a feather
I won't tell no lie
(ALL!) all of the forums around us they say
Can they be that close
Just let me state for the record
We're giving love in a family dose

Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future
And our goatse's in sight
(WE!) no we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family Jewel
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

PP666 wrote:Oh, and Megatron - that was a fucking sick thing to do. Don't care wheither or not 'everyone has seen those pictures before'. If you can give me a good explanation of why you do something like that, other than 'felt like doing shit and causing havoc', I'd sure like to know about it - or maybe not.
And yeah, I hardly visit these forums, cause I have no interest in arguing with idiots - and yeah, there are a lot of intelligent people here, but just like in this thread there are always fuckers who enjoy posting completely useless replies (yeah, like this one - at least I gave it some consideration before posting).

So, anyone can tell me how you are going to solve this ? Preferably in a non-violent, non-childish way, thank you.
the only reason you dont post here is because you wanna post bullshit opinions that people are supposed to think about but shouldnt have to because its bullshit.
you cant handle yourself in a discussion that doesnt revolve around the particle theory of tucan sam or how the sun manages to contain itself with sperm and glue.

you are also pretty stupid if you cant see the humor in sending people the fist image. half the people on this forum dont even post so this got their attention so they can whine about and for the sake of us all, fucking leave.

if that image made you cry to your mommy and whine to your civil rights attorney go shoot yourself and save someone going to prison for it.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Right you are, Mandalorian
Mandalorian wrote:you are also pretty stupid if you cant see the humor in sending people the fist image. half the people on this forum dont even post so this got their attention so they can whine about and for the sake of us all, fucking leave.
And it worked.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Silver wrote:
Mad Max RW wrote:And Silver, you have a point, but it's a stupid one.
Ewww I could say I broke it down to your level, but that would make me even more retarded I guess.

So sorry my 'example' was too stupid for ya.
Don't take it personally, cheif :hug:
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Warning.
Chrisbeddeos entering smart ass mode.

A very intersting thread.

It shows what happens when people do not communicate.

Let recap the history of what happened here is a noobish and sarcastic way .

So D&C is like a girlfriend or something .

Killzig ) We need to enlive our sex life.
D&C go with Spazmo and Megatron and have fun.

Megatron FIST FIST !!!!
Spazmo PRUNE THE DRESS !!!!

Kreegle !!!! WHAT ? These fools are fUC****G my old girlfiriend D&C.

No matter i will transfer her to ODIN. He has NMA and noiw withg D&C he will now have a HAREM of Fallout sites GF !!!!

Or if Odin does not like D&C he can keep the parts he like ( the b**bs ?) and throw everything else in a FO:POS bottomless pit.

Saint ? WHAT !!!!!! Kreegle gives D&C to ODIN ?
WTF !!!!!!
Saint takes a bat whacks Kreggle and takes D&C girl by the hand and returns her to her old house with him and Killzig as roomates.

Saint is now the champion which is cool because i like Saint.

I always liked Saint because he knows when and how to fight.

Kreegle you suck . I want the fu***kg D&C alive .Moron..

Killzig . Do not do this again.please.please.amen.

Megatron . You are an idiot . What will happen kiddo if people SUE ?? for harrasment kiddo.What KIDDO ?

Spazmo did nothing wrong.

In conclusion .

Saint gains in my book

5 brownie community points because he keeps this site ALIVE.This site that i love also even from afar.

Killzig loses 1 because he did forget that there is a connection with real life and the net. People can sue over that fist harrasment.He did have good intentions however.

Spazmo no change.

Megatron . Stop saying you did nothing wrong.
You harrased 2000 people . Fu*k off.You and your image suck.You lose 4 brownie points and because you did not have any you are now in the brownie point subfreeze area.

Saint no matter what please keep D&C alive.

Thanks.

/ end of entering smart ass mode.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Stop griping. Let DAC fester.

As for getting sued, that can't happen.

As for the fist.jpg email, I didn't get it (even though my email addy is posted), so while I'm disappointed I'd guess some other people didn't get it as well? Or maybe I'm just an anomaly.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Finally 1 also lose a community brownie point for posting my opinion here and flaming a lot of people that have contributed mayby++1000 hours but you know what ? I do not care.

I just want D&C ALIVE.Do not close it again.

Chris.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Sauron wrote:Kashluk getting banned isn't the end of the world
Now that's an understatement.
UnKre3gle
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by UnKre3gle »

The hypocrisy of some of you people fucking astounds me. For months (years?), you've bitched and whined about how shit DAC was becoming. It's gotten so bad, that there's a self-destructive behaviour apparent all over the forums. You'll attack eachother with absolutely no regards or concerns... you laugh when forums get mangled and destroyed, and bark orders at the mods to ban someone because you think they are "teh ghey". Decent members have walked away in disgust, because this place has mutated into a vile pit of infantile bullshit.

Yet when I put you all out of your misery - with the ultimate destructive act - you spin 180 and scream for my blood. If you like the place so much, you sure as fuck don't say it. Here I am now getting insults and crap flung at me, regardless of the times I've helped you out, just for doing what you guys have been snidely asking for for ages. It was one fucker of a wake-up call, eh?

ChrisBeddoes - is English your first language? If it is - stay in school. You may or may not be aware, but this isn't a fancy arguing game - this is the real thing. Nobody is scoring points.

Rosh - when you were mod at fallout2.net, I DISTINCTLY remember you telling everyone to bail out and head over to the NMA forums (before the Gamespy announcement). You had no love of the site then, why now? Jay's influence obviously wasn't enough, sure as fuck mine wasn't.

Megatron - you're a twit? You are one of the cogs in the wheel that brought DAC to shit, even after all of the chances we've given you? You, of all people, have no fucking say whatsoever? You always conclude a statement with a question mark?

It looks like you all might have your dear wish granted - DAC will live on, albeit in a completely different format. I hope when I'm gone Saint and Killy are able to shake things up - step up to the plate, identify the wanker elements and ruthlessly smack them down - because otherwise it'll just be another downward spiral, and you'll all be bitching how crap things are in 2 months.

To everyone else that supported me - cheers guys. Thanks for seeing through the bs and not taking part of the flock mentality.

Sheepfucker :sadblinky: - signing off.
Our Host!