Tag Names

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Tag Names

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Following on the heels of MV.....

I have noticed ocassionally that when I create a new character entity in the editor and give him a specific tag-name that the tag-name disappears when I port him over to the level. Is there a bug in the entity editor relating to this? This also happens with objects too and is more difficult to change if I put them in someone's inventory.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Well, sorta.

The tag name for the entity is still there, it's just that the editor doesn't recognize 'em. Accorinding to OTB, you can manually type in the tag name (remember: case-sensitive) and everything should work, but I had some problems with this (sometimes it would work, sometimes not), so the best way to do it is to re-tag the entity's tagname. It should be the same as what it is in the entity editor.

Note that if you want to put a tagged entity in an actor's inventory on in a container (a quest reward, for example), you have to tag the entity (the item itself) from within the entity editor. Otherwise, from my experiences, any triggers that deal with the tagged entity'll work.

The funny part is, if you place the item in the map by itself (not "in" anything), the same thing happens with the tag name as if it were an actor.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Our Host!