Playing own team? Or rather changing portaits!

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Playing own team? Or rather changing portaits!

Post by Koki »

So yeah, I got to Mardin and I had enough of fucking around with those imperfect dolts. Time for my own team.

But... how the fuck should I do it? Editing prefabs only changes the starting chars which is useless. Falche allows only for modification of the main character(Booo!).

So right now my mind is on the recruits. I can do Brahimin Wood alone, leader should have more XP anyway, no? I will kill Stitch and Farsight just in case the XP is shared. Then I will go to the bunker, get my team, and ride into the setting sun! Great, no?

No.

The problem is that while I can easily edit recruits, I seem to be unable to edit their portraits. And as most portraits are horseshit, well - here's a problem. So, dear DAC, how do I change portaits?
Serious Business.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: Playing own team? Or rather changing portaits!

Post by OnTheBounce »

Koki wrote:I will kill Stitch and Farsight just in case the XP is shared.
XP is not shared in the game. I've done that experiment and found that no matter how many people you have (or don't have) in your squad you are still awarded the same number of XP.
Koki wrote:...[H]ow do I change portaits?
Check the stickied topics in the FoT Modding Forum, there are several tutorials/FAQs available for this. Before you start, however, make sure that you have photo editing software than can convert to the PNG format, and also you will need the FoT editors installed so that you can convert the PNGs you make to ZAR format. You can get the rest of the info from the FAQ.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

OnTheBounce wrote:
"Should" implies "shall", and "shall" means "will." -- Rule for interpreting guidance found in US Army Field Manuals.

OTB
I will throw this grenade/fire this rifle/plant this claymore...

oh, but I must

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

The voices in the book told me.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

*laughs*

BUT YOU MUST.

Oh. :drunk:
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

'twas done!

Using the "Add recruit" guide I added three. They still do not have portraits, but better not to have portrait than have an ugly one, no? Many thanks OTB, I'm off to dominate the Wasteland.
Serious Business.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Redeye wrote:I will throw this grenade/fire this rifle/plant this claymore...oh, but I must...The voices in the book told me.
No, not like that. It's more like, X type of exercise "should contain at least one NBC task", which means your ass will be sweating in your chemical suit.
koki wrote:Using the "Add recruit" guide I added three. They still do not have portraits, but better not to have portrait than have an ugly one, no?
I'd offer to make some portraits for you -- it takes a couple of minutes -- but I don't have PhotoChop on this comp and won't until the middle of next month. :(
koki wrote:Many thanks OTB, I'm off to dominate the Wasteland.
NP. Have fun.

OTB
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Nonono - I wanted to use the currently existing portaits. Guess I'd have to take screenshots then cut them save as png convert to zan or whatever then find a way to apply, all in all too much trouble.
Serious Business.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Well shit, that's easily remedied. All you have to do is find out what the "desc" is for the recruit in question -- char.txt being a great place to look -- then make a copy of that portrait with the new file name changed to your new recruits desc.

OTB
Our Host!