Interplay win an award!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Kreegle
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Interplay win an award!

Post by Kreegle »

<strong>[Company -> Update]</strong>

Those loveable softies over at <a href="http://www.interplay.com" target="_blank">Interplay</a> have had it rough lately - the poor dears - with very little positive feedback from the public to encourage them on. But things are looking up now, because they've just been honoured with an award! And about bleedin' time too!
<br>
<br><a href="http://www.shacknews.com" target="_blank">Shacknews</a> have just announced the winners of their annual <a href="http://www.shacknews.com/extras/warshaw/" target="_blank">Warshaw Awards</a> - apparently named after Scott Warshaw, creator of the infamous Atari 2600 game, E.T. There was tough competition this year... but in one certain category, there was no doubt at all who'd be walking away with the prize. Put your hands together ladies and gentlemen!<blockquote><em><b>The Save Costs by Killing Off Your Best Asset Award</b>
<br><b>Winner:</b> Interplay
<br>
<br>Last week it was revealed that <b>Interplay</b> (who for reasons unknown to me is still alive and kicking), has canceled <b>Fallout 3</b> and dismantled what remained of the once great <b>Black Isle Studios</b>. Instead, <b>Fallout</b> fans can look forward to <b>Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel</b>, a game that is nearly identically named to <b>Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel</b>, but is in fact totally different, and will be released for PS2 and Xbox. Platforms, it should be pointed out, which the earlier <b>Fallout</b> titles have never been released on. Meanwhile PC gamers, who are the real market for the franchise, have nothing to look forward to. Good job, Interplay. Good luck pulling out of that financial nosedive. </em></blockquote>Congratulations Interplay! Here we were thinking it'd be another quiet year without any accolades... but right at the end, BAM! Finally some recognition! Spotted at <a href="http://www.evilavatar.com" target="_blank">Evil Avatar</a>.
Last edited by Kreegle on Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yay, I thought we were the only people here at DAC and NMA aware of the shit going on at Iply.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Watch EGM give this piece-of-shit game of the month awards. "OMG IT'S LIKE DARKKK ALLIANANACE!!"
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Short, bitter & to the point. Thanks Evil Avatar, I needed a chuckle today.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Menno wrote:Watch EGM give this piece-of-shit game of the month awards. "OMG IT'S LIKE DARKKK ALLIANANACE!!"
Console games suck, they get too much hype and end up sucking, but they people who buy it think it's the greatest game evAr.

I want iplay to fail miserably just because they are total morons... but then again that means the true end to fallout (unless they sold it to someone else).
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Like Halo. I can't understand why people with consoles were so obsessed about it... even less now that it's on PC and I *ahem* got a copy for myself. One of the crappiest first person shooters ever.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

s4ur0n27 wrote:Yay, I thought we were the only people here at DAC and NMA aware of the shit going on at Iply.
Nope, Gamespy and Gamespot are too. As well as IGN.

Basically, Interplay is the new target on the Dartboard for gamers worldwide...
Artzone
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Artzone »

I wonder what's next..

i'll bet that someone from the interplay board of directors get's "The annual Richard Simmons seal of approval award" (aka magnificent gay regognition) :D
--
"In the US, you can always find a party. In Russia, party always finds you."
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Console games really do suck. Halo was plugged as being "revolutionary," but really, it was just a lame, predictable shooter. It was no Half-Life, that's for sure. The only console games I like are the GTA ones (of course) but they have just as big a following from computer gamers anyway.

Ah well, I'm glad to see some FOBOS bashing close to its release date. Hopefully the press can only get worse for it as it draws closer.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Mwahahaha.

I hope interplay aren't so utterly warped and twisted they'll manage to pretend this didn't happen...

Although there are some excellent console games. It's just that 99.9% of them are absolutely terrible. Red Faction II was a fun PS2 FPS. HALO is highly atmospheric and a hell of a lot of fun on the X-Box, but it should have stayed there, the PC will be a popular market for it but the game is simply not supposed to be on the PC.

I'm hoping to get ManHunt for christmas >=]
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

it saddens me that a once so great company that provided us with quality products went bad.
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I wonder if sCary still has a lot of control over the shack...

*memories of meeting John Carmack and Blue arises*

The early QuakeCons... those were the days... Course that was all pre-fallout...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Halo was originally designed to be released for Mac first, then to the PC.

When Bungie was bought by MS, MS made them develop Halo for PC and Mac and wanted a simultaneous release, then they decided it would be a good product to launch their Xbox. so they made it console only for a while.

The big disappointment here is felt by the Mac users, I think they don't have it yet.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Tell me about it, I waited for years for that game then it comes out on fucking xbox, which I don't own one. So then I had to wait another year for it to hit pc.
Our Host!