The hell?

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Kashluk

The hell?

Post by Kashluk »

I planned to install FOT on my computer again so I'd have another game to play on the LAN weekend... first time I tried the shit got corrupted somehow, because I couldn't run it. Something about "corrupted discs" or something popped up, even though I've installed & played the game twice with these very same cds.

Well I uninstalled and installed again... Whoppee, now it works, but when I try to apply the 1.27 patch it says "your Fallout Tactics is either not installed or it is corrupted, please reinstall it" or some shit like that.

So what did I do wrong?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

It might be that the area of your drive is corrupted where you installed the game, something similar happened to me so I uninstalled and re-installed in a shorter path c:\fot instead of the default installation path and the patch then worked fine for me.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

A shorter path... Hm... my current one is F:\Pelit\FoT, do you think F:\FOT would make any difference?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It seems it would. Thank you requiem, now it works perfectly!
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

No problem, just wish I could fix my own problem so easily. Took my keyboard apart to get some dried peanut butter out from under one of the keys and now I've put it back together half the keys don't work. :( So now I'm stuck using my shitty back up keyboard which has all these extra keys in the wrong places and is basically crap. :( :evil:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Buy yourself a Microsoft Ergo- keyboard. If you know how to type with all of your fingers, fast, you'll love this one. It's pretty cheap too, something like 10-20 bucks?
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Ah I've fixed it now, bit of plastic from the mold (or whatever) hadn't been trimmed so I couldn't get it back together properly without taking it totally apart first.
Our Host!