Big bad enemy thing[s]

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Big bad enemy thing[s]

Post by Megatron »

Name:Zealots
Look:Red robes and shaved heads
Weapons:Mostly close combat and flamed based weapons
Group Size:Large
Story:A group of monks invaded a vault and barricaded themselves in, and when they came out they quickly established a town and started converting local tribals
Aim:To make the whole world into their religeon and make no one evil

Name:Mech-Muties
Look:Mutants and humans fused to machines
Weapons:Heavy weapons, energy weapons
Group Size:Medium
Story:Some humans living near an F.E.V plant as it exploded were fused to nearby metal and machinery. They then tried making other people like them.
Aim:To be human, but only through experimentation on other humans with machines

Name:The Super mutant enclave faction
Look:Super mutants and Enclave troopers
Weapons:Heavy
Group Size:Small
Story:Frank horrigans severed head was found on a beach and re-booted up onto a huge robotic body. He then started commanding mutants and the remaining enclave.
Aim:Unity and make everyone human [trying to work on a cure for mutants]

Name:Perfection
Look:A huge clone with lots of organic parts everyhwere
Weapons:Claws, teeth etc.
Group size:Army of one.
Story:The very first F.E.V experiment before the war was stored in a vault with other F.E.V created monsters. Slowly they started 'absorbing' and 'eating' each other until finally becoming a huge 5-story mutant
Aim:No real aim, except it keeps absrobing organic matter to become the perfect beast, by using the best genetic traits from the animal/plant it absorbs
:chew:
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

I especially like the Perfection thingy. Perhaps it originated because the Master wasn't as dead as everyone thought, or he had a backup body somewhere...

Mech Muties: Perhaps they originated when an earthquake damaged a Really Really Secret Hidden Military Base. The medical computer came online and started bringing people out of the suspension tanks. Their long storage had messed them up, the medical supplies were gone or rotten, so the Autodocs "repaired" them with spare robot parts and whatever electrical/electronic bits that were left lying around.

If Super Mutants are essentially immortal, then a group of them that have been bench-pressing cars, munching handfuls of Buffout, and systematically improving their asskicking skills for the last 100-200 years should be terrifying. Especially if they have been studying mechanical skills and manage to develop Mutant Power Armor...
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I like those ideas- some of them are so crazy that they just might work!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

The prefection is a perfect idea(forgive the pun). I can picture it as a real threat in FO3.
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

the perfection idea reminds me of south park. and no, i'm not implying i don't like the idea.

the zealots are basically christianity all over again. but sure, we need religious fuckers to screw over.

i don't like the mech-muties idea, i'd rather see mech-humies. mech-muties would become powerful beyond belief.

the super mutants under Horrigan is a swell idea, only their aim seems a litlle off. why the fuck would they want to become puny, weak humans again? no no, long live their überspecies.
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadowvalor »

Zealots: Not bad. Standard religous type goals. Personally, I would rather not see a bunch of guys with rippers running at me.

Mech-Muties: Not that bad, but when being fused with machiner, who's to say they were borgified, rather than simply haveing a metal plate sticking out of their face?

The Super Mutant Enclave Faction: Now, here's where I don't like it. Frankie isn't too bright, and form the Fallout bible we learn that he doesn't think he's a mutant. He hates them, with an extreem passion. Plus, he's not fit to lead much of anything. This one just doesn't seem to work.

The Perfection: Can you say Master? Sure, I knew you could. This is a great idea, because it fits in almost perfectly into the Fallout universe. Perhaps altering it's background a bit may be nice, but here's what I've gathered. Richard Grey took an FEV bath- Once he immerged he was drasticly changed. To why he became like The Master and not a super mutant is beyond me. Yet if you read the Fallout bible it mentions how he devours people. Remember the multipule voices he has?
Help end poverty, eat the poor.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Yes but it is not as evident it is in "The Perfection", were you can actually see it, and therefore its even more frightening.
FLEA
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FLEA »

i also like the perfection it can be kinda like nemesis in re nemesis u would have to fight it few times every time u fight it it gets stronger because it absorbs more shit and at the end it finaly becomes " perfect "
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: Big bad enemy thing[s]

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Pyro wrote:Name:Zealots
Look:Red robes and shaved heads
Weapons:Mostly close combat and flamed based weapons
Group Size:Large
Story:A group of monks invaded a vault and barricaded themselves in, and when they came out they quickly established a town and started converting local tribals
Aim:To make the whole world into their religeon and make no one evil
I've always liked the idea of the post apoc cults in Fallout. Though, they should most likely start either after leaving the vault or while they're in the vault. Imagine someone like Jim Jones or David Koresh being born in the sanctity of a vault where they'd have a captive audience. Even some sort of techno cult like Heaven's Gate would be interesting. Of course, you have to delay the mass suicide thing until after the player finds them.
Name:Mech-Muties
Look:Mutants and humans fused to machines
Weapons:Heavy weapons, energy weapons
Group Size:Medium
Story:Some humans living near an F.E.V plant as it exploded were fused to nearby metal and machinery. They then tried making other people like them.
Aim:To be human, but only through experimentation on other humans with machines
There were only two locations with FEV, Mariposa and West Tek. Of course, Mariposa blew up in Fallout, and West Tek was blown up during the Great War. Of course, most of those areas were heavily explored.

There was an interesting thread on the BIS forum where it was suggested that some sort of twisted individual could obtain some FEV from Mariposa, since there's a lot still there, and use it on brain bots though.
Name:The Super mutant enclave faction
Look:Super mutants and Enclave troopers
Weapons:Heavy
Group Size:Small
Story:Frank horrigans severed head was found on a beach and re-booted up onto a huge robotic body. He then started commanding mutants and the remaining enclave.
Aim:Unity and make everyone human [trying to work on a cure for mutants]
I doubt any part of Frankie survived the explosion of the oil rig. Frankie was organic, after all, with a supercharged body suit, and that blast would have vaporized his meaty bits. :)

Someone giving the Supermutants a new and evil purpose would be interesting though.
Name:Perfection
Look:A huge clone with lots of organic parts everyhwere
Weapons:Claws, teeth etc.
Group size:Army of one.
Story:The very first F.E.V experiment before the war was stored in a vault with other F.E.V created monsters. Slowly they started 'absorbing' and 'eating' each other until finally becoming a huge 5-story mutant
Aim:No real aim, except it keeps absrobing organic matter to become the perfect beast, by using the best genetic traits from the animal/plant it absorbs
Kind of like how The Master took up most of that overseer area in the vault-tec vault?
------------------
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

These are great ideas, Pyro... Especially loved those religionous Zealots. Like a coin with two sides, they are ;)
Our Host!