F:BOS Box Art and [Ugly] Screens

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

F:BOS Box Art and [Ugly] Screens

Post by Menno »

This may have been posted before, and if so feel free to delete the thread (if so, it'll at least give Iohkus something to do in this F:BOS forum).

Fallout: Brotha'hood of Steel Xbox art:

Here's a pic of a weird play-dough looking mutant:

Is it just me or is this game looking more and more bizzare? Interplay is right, it should be delayed...permanently!
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Whenever I need to decide something, I always think to myself "What would Mr. T do?" When it comes to deciding if I'm going to go to bed, I think to myself "Mr. T pities sleep", that's why I always stay up really late.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Speaking of Mr.T, did you guys see that SNL sketch with him and Eddie Murphy?

The Mr. Robinson thingy, Eddie puts on his glitter shoes and he tells us from where those drums come from.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

That is the best cleavage picture I've seen out of this game so far. Looks like their improving their quality somewhat now.

Seriously, that is one hot rack on the box art.
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

s4ur0n27 wrote:Speaking of Mr.T, did you guys see that SNL sketch with him and Eddie Murphy?

The Mr. Robinson thingy, Eddie puts on his glitter shoes and he tells us from where those drums come from.
'The new word for today is "PAIN".'

It's priceless.

Also, that mutant general is t3h 3ndb0ss OMFG LOL!
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You know where drums come from boys and girl?
From AFRIKA!

And you where THESE drums come from?

lol

God I love his glittah shoes
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

the box art looks shit, if they retail that, it wont sell to anyone. the mutie general looks shite, and the skulls he has are far too big to be human, and too small to be mutant's skulls. gawd i cant wait for this to crash and burn.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Kharn wrote:Also, that mutant general is t3h 3ndb0ss OMFG LOL!
Haha, it probably is the final boss. Well, I decided to give you guys the biggest gameplaying tip of the year. Just run circles around him while firing, and you win! That idiotic tactic always works in these types of games. Great AI Interplay! Speaking of which, Interplay should let an AI computer run their company, it can't do any worse than it's doing now.

Also, about the box art. Where are the mini-guns? And why is everyone wearing bracers around their wrists?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Interplay is managed by some Drugwar-like program it seems.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Menno wrote:And why is everyone wearing bracers around their wrists?
Please Menno, haven' t you learned anything from Chuck? Those are 'omfg Brotherhud of St33l Magikal Bracers of Armur + 5000' !!! What else is going to protect you out there in the Wasteland? Thongs? Besides, it looks uber-cewl!!!!

Speaking of ridiculous AI; didn' t the gameplay trailer feature the "keep running around and shoot them"-trick already?
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Who else thinks that green bar under the health bar is for Mana?
OR MAYBE, "PSI ENERGY" :-!
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Calal wrote:Please Menno, haven' t you learned anything from Chuck? Those are 'omfg Brotherhud of St33l Magikal Bracers of Armur + 5000' !!! What else is going to protect you out there in the Wasteland? Thongs? Besides, it looks uber-cewl!!!!
You know, we have alot of people on DAC with alot of different opinions on certain topics, whether it be politics or life in general. Yet we pretty much ALL agree that F:BOS sucks.
Calal wrote:Speaking of ridiculous AI; didn' t the gameplay trailer feature the "keep running around and shoot them"-trick already?
Haha, what the hell are you doing Calal?! How is Prima going to milk money off of the strategy guide if you're giving away the BIGGEST gaming tip away for free!
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

More Bad Screens

Post by Menno »

Here are more...err, beautiful images from this game:

Wow, look how many rounds he's got for his generic "Assault Rifle", almost 10,000 rounds! Who needs infinite ammo codes! And he's taking on that turret Tony Montana style.

Dinosaurs are reborn in the future! Is it just me or is this chick looking more and more like the one from Starcraft: Ghost?

Go get 'em generic cloned badguys!

Last edited by Menno on Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Re: F:BOS Box Art and [Ugly] Screens

Post by Ghetto Goose »

Menno wrote:Here's a pic of a weird play-dough looking mutant:...

Is it just me or is this game looking more and more bizzare? Interplay is right, it should be delayed...permanently!
At least she isn't having sex with it.

...in that shot, anyway.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

wheres the 50's style fucky chucky promised us? so far i've seen none. another promise broken, falldown bos.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

avenger69ie wrote:wheres the 50's style fucky chucky promised us? so far i've seen none. another promise broken, falldown bos.
Well there's clearly a fair amount of a 50's style look. Examing the box art, you'll notice there's a male and female on the cover; those were around in the 50's too. Oh wait a sec, a white girl hanging out with a black guy would have been frowned upon in that era. Err, in that case there's no 50's imagery in this game. Oh, the crates do look like they're from the 50's though!
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

The box art wouldn't be too bad if the legs weren't so freakishly short...and it wasn't Fallout. Everything else is complete shit--and please someone tell me that pink spikey dinosaur is not supposed to be a deathclaw.
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

kewl,

interplay seems to think that fiddy cent and pink are going to be humanity's last chance at survival.
bey.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

iohkus wrote:kewl,

interplay seems to think that fiddy cent and pink are going to be humanity's last chance at survival.
Haha, To me it looks like a bald R. Kelly and a dyed-haired Britney Spears. Just be grateful he isn't pissing on her face in the boxart.

And by the way, yes that purple dinosaur (Barney?) is a Deathclaw; though it completely contradicts their own F:BOS concept art. I'm guessing they have alternate colors (though this is just a guess), where Purple Deathclaws are more powerful than Brown ones.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Well, I've been 100% converted now....Before, I was at least willing to rent FOBOS..I even encouraged others to "Give it a chance.."

...But after seeing all this mess, I'm now positive I'm going to set fire to any store that sells the game.

Time to wash that vomit out of my mouth....
Our Host!