Hellsing

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

"Awesome" and "anime" in the same sentence? Hah ha ahaah
fuck
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Slave_Master wrote:"Awesome" and "anime" in the same sentence? Hah ha ahaah
Haha. good joke Slavey.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

Wallpaper

Im not a big anima fan, but i like the art that is related to this series.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, unlike most of the mainstream anime series, Hellsing isn't filled with pastille colors and cuteness that makes you sick. It's a (gothic?) vampire series, which was originally broadcasted between 2:25 AM and 2:50 AM in Japan.

It's dark and it's depressing, but it's also full of cool ass kicking in (literally) biblical proportions. Catholic vampire hunters, sexually misorientated zombies... Oh my, it's so hard to describe - you have to see it yourself.

Last edited by Kashluk on Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Dark and mysterious anime? Really original concept there Kash. What'll they think of next?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Um, smartass Canadians?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Unrealistically muscled men who grunt a lot and fire energy beams from their hands, I wager.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Kashluk, this is pretty fuckin' mainstream. Don't act so elite.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well I'm not trying to. Just wanted to find out if there were any other Hellsing Junkies around here. Sorry if I made you angry or something, mate.

I'm fairly new to anime, but after all those horrific dragonball z, sailor moon, ninja scroll or whatever I found Hellsing pretty awesome. Just my thoughts though - if you've watched it and hated it, it's your opinion.
deadlus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by deadlus »

Hellsing is one of those better anime, though it's nothing special IMO.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Kashluks got a point. Some Anime are actually ok. This one looks to be in the better end... but with things like Pokemon, Ninjaballs and all the other shit in that category, you think of bad things when the word Anime is mentioned. Anime has an insanely wide genre and style spread actually.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

hellsing actually plays out more like a movie than a shitty anime cartoon like dbz. its the best of the anime now in my opinion.

the second season should own.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

Ahhh hellsing. My 3rd favorite anime. After Bebop and then Trigun. 8)
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

i dont know if they beat hellsing but cowboy bebop and trigun are good.

id say hellsing was first because of bebop and triguns severe moments of japanimation stuipidity.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I don't like any anime at all. Most of it's pretty bland. I've never really seen anything that's actually shocked or surprised me or that was really innovative.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Wow you guys can really be complete biased assholes... it occurs to me that now that I'm on the "other side" of your biases, I'm viewing you the same way the rest of the internet community views us. I now feel like a RT-proponent on DAC, hopelessly outnumbered by vicious TB people on all sides tearing me to shreds!

Anyway, I'm not going to be daunted or anything so here goes: Kashluck I was recommended that anime by a friend who knew about my affinity for vampires, so I recently downloaded the first few episodes, and I must say it's quality stuff! (the intro is tight too)

Yeah, I'm going to have him mail me the entire series (he burns tons of anime)
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Bible Black
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Franz_Schubert wrote:Wow you guys can really be complete biased assholes... it occurs to me that now that I'm on the "other side" of your biases, I'm viewing you the same way the rest of the internet community views us. I now feel like a RT-proponent on DAC, hopelessly outnumbered by vicious TB people on all sides tearing me to shreds!
Because the majority don't like anime you're going to cry? I think everyone on dac has a SEKRET HOBBY :!: :D
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

lol, wats yur sekrat hobby megatron? besides collecting cola bottles
Our Host!