Threads, Nuclear War consequences

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Artzone
SDF!
SDF!

Threads, Nuclear War consequences

Post by Artzone »

I just spotted this interesting movie. I'm sure you guys have heard of it or even seen it but i'm sure there is lot of people like me. It does look very promising and entertaining. 7.3 stars of 10, pretty impressive. :)

Threads on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/
--
"In the US, you can always find a party. In Russia, party always finds you."
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I read everything about this movie and I'm dying to see it. There's a cool site out there which dissected the whole thing, but I still can't find the movie itself anywhere and it pisses me off.
Artzone
SDF!
SDF!

Luckily..

Post by Artzone »

It can be found on bittorrent net! I'm not posting the direct link but I think posting the url to suprnova is not banned via forum roolz ;)

[Edited- definitely not allowed, but taken into consideration :P]
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

That bittorrent thing doesn't even work for me so fuck it.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I vaguely remember when this was first shown, I'll have to check the shops and see if it's out on DVD.

Just taking a look at the IMDB listing and I just hate the nitpickers who post on the goofs page,
Continuity: The woman who gives birth was herself born after the nuclear holocaust, yet she has fillings.
so what that the actress has filings when her character wasn't born to after the nuclear holocaust, what are they meant to do, a dental check at the audition?

or
Continuity: The story is supposed to take place in late May. Yet when the Kemps' neighbors are leaving, the trees are bare and the actors' breath is visible, indicating a cold winters' day
obviously posted by someone who's never visited Northen England in May.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Mad Max RW wrote:That bittorrent thing doesn't even work for me so fuck it.
I really like your attitude.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

bittorent is great, the next step in file sharing, no fucking way in hell i would know about this movie if it wasn't for the net or file sharing, sure as fuck wouldn't be on kazaa

d/ling now i was suprised how many people had this movie seeded on bittorent, must be good :arrow:
bey.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Bittorrent doesn't work for me... Hasn't, EVER.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

it finally finished d/ling, it's sabout 1 gig with 2 parts, i also found salo but that shit has stopped at 90%

going to watch threads after i eet
bey.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

just watched this movie in its entirety last night and after watching it i couldn't sleep for a few hours

it's amazing that it was originally a made for TV movie considering it's so much better than anything out now on the big screen or in the last few years, i think it was more appealing back then with the cold war still going on (1983) but it's still quite interesting to watch

it starts almost like a documentary but as it gets deeper in the movie just goes on the downward spiral of apocalypse

a must see for any fucking tool who thinks they're an anarchist or some hardcore fuck that thinks an allout nuclear war would be cool

it was probably more of a public service announcement when it was made, sort of a warning to the possible consequences of a war, played out at times like a documentary?

the ruth character was hot as fuck though... some great british acting and at times not so great british acting, but only at the fault of young actors :arrow:
bey.

Post by Guest »

Never heard of it until now, but it sounds intriguing.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

How do I get that stupid file shareing thing to work? I don't understand all that german.
I really want to see this movie.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

google time.!

KEY WORD "BitTorrent" n :arrow:
bey.
Our Host!