Problem entering Bunker Beta after Quincy

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
AlKoholiK
SDF!
SDF!

Problem entering Bunker Beta after Quincy

Post by AlKoholiK »

Right after I complete the Quincy-mission I want to go back to Bunker Beta. But when I enter it, it immediately enters combat mode, and the computer gets its turn. But it doesn't do anything, because there are no hostiles in the area.
So basically it's stuck in combat mode with me being absolutely powerless over my characters. It's like the game is in "pause"-mode and I can't change that.
I recently installed the 1.27-patch, and everything seemed to work fine, until this...is this a bug or has no-one ever encountered this before?

Edit:
I tried to go to Alpha, and that worked fine.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Are you playing TB or CTB? It almost sounds like a TB bug similar to what I've found in Arcanum. Try switching to a different mode and see if it disappears.
AlKoholiK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AlKoholiK »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Are you playing TB or CTB? It almost sounds like a TB bug similar to what I've found in Arcanum. Try switching to a different mode and see if it disappears.
It doesnt matter which mode I play in...I wont go away...
Can I change combat-modes while in combat, or do I have to change it beforehand? I think I tried both and they dont work
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

You can try pressing enter to switch between TB. Ctrl-Space to end the turn. Try stopping before just you get to the bunker and see if you enter combat in another map. Also make sure that when you leave Quincy that you're not in combat mode when you move your team on to the exit grid.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
AlKoholiK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AlKoholiK »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:You can try pressing enter to switch between TB. Ctrl-Space to end the turn. Try stopping before just you get to the bunker and see if you enter combat in another map. Also make sure that when you leave Quincy that you're not in combat mode when you move your team on to the exit grid.
I'm sure I'm not in combat mode when I leave Quincy, because I've stopped in other maps on the way, and it does not enter Combat Mode there. As for the CTRL-SPACE and ENTER-thing: doesn't work.
It's not all the bunkers, because Alpha does not have this problem.
AlKoholiK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AlKoholiK »

Ok, I placed the hummer somewhere in the same area as bunker Beta, and it doesnt enter combat there. But when I move my squad to the bunker, it enters combat. The strange thing is, I cant move, but the Mechanic standing in the corner keeps having this white circle around it's legs, which for me indicates the computer is getting continious turns...
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

You should be able to change modes when in combat, give it a try. Otherwise you may have to go back to the last save.
AlKoholiK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AlKoholiK »

Changing combat-modes does not work, the computer keeps being busy all the time, and I can't interrupt.

The last save is the one where I stand at the edge of Quincy, after I just finished the objective
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I wonder if this is the fault of a corrupted saved game. There is a trigger that will start combat mode. Perhaps something somewhere is being misread as that trigger instead of another one.

Either that, or you ran someone over before you left?

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
AlKoholiK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AlKoholiK »

Reqium fixed the savegame for me, thankz for that.
I finished the mission after that, but now I'm stuck with the first mutant mission...and I kinda am not excited to play anymore :) It just hasn't got that Fallout-feeling I got with FO1 and 2... :( But I guess you guys have been there already :)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Been there done that and come back again. :) But before you give up on the game don't forget to try out the custom maps here and at NMA as well as the Awaken campaign.

Meant to ask was you playing in TB or CTB? I was thinking that if you were playing in TB and sideswiped the hummer against the corner of a wall as you drove onto the exit grid you might of set the map into combat mode (without turning everyone hostile). Of course if you were playing in CTB I'm talking complete bull, but that's not unusal.
AlKoholiK
SDF!
SDF!

Post by AlKoholiK »

I'm playing TB, because I think that resembles the original Fallout settings best :) I don't know what triggered the combat-mode in the bunker, but I sure am NOT going back there :D
Its a shame though, because I planted a LOT of 9mm ammo and guns, and some other stuff in the lockers there...But I'm playing Easy-mode, so ammo-a-plenty :D

I know....
/me = a wussy, playing in Easy mode, but I've just started out. When I like the game better, I'll try to play one setting higher...but I guess that's not gonna happen. I'll just play this until S.T.A.L.K.E.R. finishes :)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

You never know you might enjoy it more on normal, or hard settings.
Our Host!