Weird War 2 - The Unknown Episode of WWII

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
DJG
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Weird War 2 - The Unknown Episode of WWII

Post by DJG »

Hi all.
I searched information related to this game on this forum (To not post twice the same subject) but I didn't find anything.

So, do you know this game ?
Here is a link to the preview : http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/weirdwar/index.html

On a french website (www.jeuxvideo.com), an article talk about the company which stated that Fallout fans will be pleased with this release.

So hmmm that's it.
I just wanted to let you know another game inspired by Fallout is coming :)
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

On a french website (www.jeuxvideo.com), an article talk about the company which stated that Fallout fans will be pleased with this release.
I wonder if they mean Fallout fans or Fallout Tactics fans...
Literacy is overated.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

It's a game based on a Polish classic WW2 comedy from the 70s - "How I Unleashed World War 2" (loosely based, though - a sequel rather than adaptation).

The movie is great, but I don't know about the game yet. It's selling extremely well in Poland, but it's mostly due to being based on a cult movie (and the main actor voices the main character in the game too).
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

"The role-playing game is described as taking a lighter approach to the war, combining the adventurous atmosphere of movies like Raiders of the Lost Ark and the humor of television series like Allo, Allo."

A lighter approach to WW2?? What game will they release next? "Holocaust Lite" where the Jews aren't gased, but merely tickled and spanked a little before being released??

My only hope is Chucky Boy doesn't get any ideas from this shite...
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Well, there have been some WW2 comedy movies (the movie the game is based on, "Allo Allo") - so why not games?
Our Host!