Pink Floyd's Best Album?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

iohkus wrote:i just got 2 grams of shrooms because i'm a shroom newb3, my friend says 3 is really good but 2 is good for newb3s.
I usually go for the full eighth, my self. But that should make you trip nicely if they're good.

Have a nice trip. Listen to Dark Side.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

NEW, IMPROVED QUALITY POSTS!
Hello New Jersey
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

iohkus wrote:i just got 2 grams of shrooms because i'm a shroom newb3, my friend says 3 is really good but 2 is good for newb3s.

drugs are the best thing to happen to humanity.

i plan on looping a whole bunch of floyd and zeppelin when i trip, but i don't know if it's a good idea to do it inside?
I did 3 yesterday and it hit goddamned hard... when inside I hid under the tanle and thought the couch was eating... stuff like that. Outside the world just went amok. The darkness was like a wall of nothing and the street lights were like stars lighting up the universe I was floating through. Take em inside and if you cant handle it go outside and stare at something. Oh and music... music dictates everything! The tempo and rhyhtm goes right to your heart and brain.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

someone says floyd and shit about drugs pops out, surprise surprise.
too bad floyd aint worth shit im my opinion because all its related to now is crack whore parents and their kids. i mean if you wanna see things and pass out just run straight into a wall about 5 or 6 times. i wouldnt put it past some of you tools.

they never had a good album in the first place.

-edit- oh yah the wall is the worst movie on the planet. id sooner watch queen of the damned coupled with four rooms before id watch it ever again.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

hyeee don't hate the playa hate the game. Just because the swastika is related to nazis doesn't mean it's not a snazzy logo or something.

And if you'd rather watch queen of the damned than any movie, YOU'RE INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE! Now let's talk about david blain or PURPLE RAIN! lol rapaaa
:chew:
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

^% lol

yeah u fucking suck boba fett OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone.
bey.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Do you write like this on purpose? Is it some clever design to push me over the edge? Why are you doing this to me? I want YOU to explain to me in simple, maybe even slightly grammar corrected words, why you type like a fucking inane idiot, Iohkus. I simply can't take it anymore, you've got to let me in on the big secret: Are you a fucking moron, or are you simply a 12 years old writing from his computer somewhere in Korea? Please respond.
Hello New Jersey
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yo iohkus is kewl he does drugs but doesnt get caught by the PO=LICE BABY STEPS, BABY STEPS MATE!
:chew:
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

i think he maybe a north vietnamise shipped over to north america in a box. he hasnt learned english or anything so he types nonsensical collaberations of words and short forms to make himself sound cool.

either that or his crack whore of a mother dropped him one to many times.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
taltiren
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by taltiren »

I think that Barrett was just trying to sound like the Beatles. He wasnt trying to be creative or spiritual or anything like that, he was just trying to make catchy hits that would make him lots of money. But his songs sucked and thats why he went insane.

Im a huge Floyd fan, and I think they were much better off without him. And Gilmour is more than an adequate replacement.

Dark Side of the Moon is undoubtedly their best album. It is a masterpiece, but with that as a given I would have to say that my favorite album is either Meddle or Atom Heart Mother. They both have basically the same form. Sweet Intro > 3 pretty good songs > Incredible 23 minute song.

I do like Piper, but Barrett's music just sounds so forced, I can't take it.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

taltiren wrote:but with that as a given I would have to say that my favorite album is either Meddle or Atom Heart Mother. They both have basically the same form. Sweet Intro > 3 pretty good songs > Incredible 23 minute song.
Yes, both of them has an incredible 23+ minute track, but as far as I'm concerned the rest of the tracks on Meddle are better then the rest of the track on Atom Heart Mother.
taltiren
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by taltiren »

I would agree with you dan, but i think that Seamus, on Meddle, is the worst pink floyd song ever. other than that one, the songs on medde are better.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

taltiren wrote:I would agree with you dan, but i think that Seamus, on Meddle, is the worst pink floyd song ever. other than that one, the songs on medde are better.
I really liked Seamus, heh.

It's just a blues song, a style I happen to like.
Our Host!