Do you guys know any good overlooked games

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

Starsiege: Tribes is great. I still play it today. It was one of the rare truely out-door FPS games. In OpenGL the graphics aren't that bad, and the gameplay more than makes up for it. Don't know where to get it though...

And deus ex was a very good game. The gameplay blew though... But the plot made up for it. Don't hate it soely based on who likes it. Remember: anybody that likes fallout has good taste for games...
KillaKilla's logic:
FOT and FO: BOS weren't FO at all!........... 1. I am nobody
DOGMEAT is God. Never dispute this!........ 2. Nobody is perfect
Up and coming hardware nerd.................. 3. Hence I am perfect
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

Tribes was fun, so was Tribes II. The aerial vehicles were da shiznat. And it did indeed have huge ass maps. But it was a little to Quaky for me to consider it an excellent game.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

HL blue shift.

I thought it mingled with HL's plot and OPfor's plot surprizingly well. It was just another spin off, but it wasn't total sucko. The gameplay was the same, but the plot was cool.

many people hated blueshift for some reason...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Tactical-Ops : Assault on Terror. It's an old mod for UT, and now it's selling in stores for like 10 bucks. It's a Special Forces vs Terrorist game, much like CS, but it's a bit faster, better graphics, less lame, just plain better, and the community is cool. I've been following this game since the first beta.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Tribes, Deus Ex, you think those were overlooked?
Hello New Jersey
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I had this bundle pack back in '95 that had Life and Death II: The Brain on it. It was quite a fun game that you played a doctor in. You had to see patients, look at their charts, then determine what sort of brain injury they had. In some cases you would prescribe medicine, or rest or whatever. In lots of cases you got to operate. Don't use the saw too long while cutting through the skull w/o irrigating though...otherwise you'll cook the brain... :o

Great game, don't know if machines today could play it, though since it was designed w/386 and 486 machines in mind. (Back when my 100 Mhz 486 was a rocket...)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Alien Legacy was fun too. After an interstellar war it is your job to rebuild human civilisation in another solar system while finding out what happened to prior colonists gone missing. Building habitats, mining ore, researching technologies, exploring planets, fighting aliens,....

Another one is Birthright: the gorgon' s alliance. A fantasy realm-management game crossed with adventuring and massive battles.

Both are a bit old though, mid 90' s.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

OnTheBounce wrote:I had this bundle pack back in '95 that had Life and Death II: The Brain on it. It was quite a fun game that you played a doctor in. You had to see patients, look at their charts, then determine what sort of brain injury they had. In some cases you would prescribe medicine, or rest or whatever. In lots of cases you got to operate. Don't use the saw too long while cutting through the skull w/o irrigating though...otherwise you'll cook the brain... :o

Great game, don't know if machines today could play it, though since it was designed w/386 and 486 machines in mind. (Back when my 100 Mhz 486 was a rocket...)

OTB
Yeah I played the first one. You had to operate on the digestive system, first by poking it and hearing 10 seconds of OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Though operating on them was pretty fun.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Killa-Killa wrote:Starsiege: Tribes is great. I still play it today. It was one of the rare truely out-door FPS games. In OpenGL the graphics aren't that bad, and the gameplay more than makes up for it. Don't know where to get it though...
Single player was horrible for that game (like 5 missions in the campaign. Only played against bots too so it just got boring, as they wouldn't get into vechiles.
And deus ex was a very good game. The gameplay blew though... But the plot made up for it. Don't hate it soely based on who likes it. Remember: anybody that likes fallout has good taste for games...
The plot was pretty horrible too. I'd much more recommend SS2 over DE anyday. SS2 has a better atmosphere, plot and better gameplay that doesn't pretend to be non-linear when it acually isn't *cough* Deus Ex *cough*
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

System Shock 2 is an excellent game, it's only flaw was it's somewhat outdated graphics, and that was only a small flaw. My biggest complaint was that you had a hell of a time finding ammo in that game. Some dedicated fans are revamping it and calling it System Shock 2: Rebirth. It looks to be shaping up rather nicely.

SYSTEM SHOCK 2 REBIRTH
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/etienne.aubert/ ... ebirth.htm

Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Someone posted that a while ago. The Cyborg Maidens still look like crap.
Our Host!