Do you guys know any good overlooked games

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Do you guys know any good overlooked games

Post by Alphawulf »

I got this game at a Hastings (entertainment store) it's called SACRIFICE and was being sold in a http://www.sold-out.co.uk package. I personally never heard of it. But its graphics and gameplay are quite good. And it was only $10.00. They also sell Fallout and Fallout 2 in the Sold-Out DVD packages, basically The website has mainly games that are sold-out, not unknown. Do you guys know any other games that were over-looked but were very entertaining? (Not Deus Ex)
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Global Operations.

I play this with my friends all the time, not as fast paced and "1337ist" oriented as CS, but not as slow and technical as others. fun.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

That's what HOTU is for. That's what the site's all about, guy.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

Renegade was the shits back way when... uh, a year ago
bey.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Mmm Sacrifice and Global Ops are amazing... Does Global Ops still have any servers running?

That was one of the few games ever released that could be graded somewhere near 'realistic' for projectile damage etc.

Hmm.. overlooked... Get CaesarIII if you like RTS games.. Codename: Outbreak if you like tactical fps games (This was the STALKER - Oblivion Lost teams first game, i think..), Stronghold, for a combat RTS, Any of the old Lucasarts point+click games are great.

EDIT: Giants: Citizen Kabuto (Lucasarts are publishing Armed and Dangerous soon. Not linked to the same story, but just-about the same time of game, much improved). Red Faction. Delta force (any of them, all fun) Project IGI.Any Command and Conquer games.. (I appreciate these are not all exactly overlooked, but they are mostly forgotten ;))
Last edited by T-900 on Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Aliens Vs. Predator. The first one. I don't care if it's mainstream, got the best reviews or whatever, it's still overlooked. That game's awesome.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

T-900 wrote:... Does Global Ops still have any servers running?
Yea, there are still about 20 or so... usually just a few good ones, and then the hardcore clanstacking ones. Still pretty good game, especially because it is untainted by hacks/cheats. There is the ocational exploit here and there, but most admins will instantly ban anyone who uses them.
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Kabuto multiplayer is incredibly fun...before my experience with it, I never gave it a look. This is a fun game to play right now, as the mini-resource managment and base building keeps the pace intense, while being a very capable fps.

Cheers
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

SAGA : Rage of the Vikings from Cryo. The mythology is laughable but it's the only RTS that involves genetics as far as I know. (Which don't say much.)
Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Sacrifice isn't overlooked, it got tons of good reviews and is somewhat well known.

G:CK is a bit of an overlooked game, yeah, funny humor as well. It also sells for about 5$, if I remember right. Look for it on the company's online store, could be even cheaper.

They'r releasing a new game based on Stronghold's style I think, called Space Adventure or something like that.
Hello New Jersey
Rayt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rayt »

No One Lives Forever. Fantastic game, brilliant atmosphere, tons of humour and yet hardly anyone played it.

Severance: Blade Of Darkness. Completely over the top 3rd person 3D hack & slash game with an unbelievable amount of gore (you could chop off limps of your opponents and then use the severed arm to beat the bleeding opponent to death, for example) and blood. Controls were a bit akward, mainly because of the camera views, but the graphics, sound and fighting combos were top notch. Excellent game.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Rayt wrote:No One Lives Forever. Fantastic game, brilliant atmosphere, tons of humour and yet hardly anyone played it.
I got it a couple weeks ago for 90 cents inside a tenpack. Funny you say that, because I plan on installing it in about half an hour.
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

[Response to Guardian] Firefly Studios is making a Space Colony game. It's basically a "The Sims" game set in space with a set storyline and characters. It's a sad step away from Stronghold II. I got Stronghold and it's the premiere/only castle-building game out there that's really good, if you like Medieval-Strategy/City-Management games.

I found another game that I never heard of, it's a little dated, it's called Codename:Eagle. It's like a BF:1942 game that was released in 2001. Its got planes, jeep thingys, tanks, flame tanks, boats, and even zeppelins. The maps are pretty big too. But it's graphics are dated.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Soldiers of Anarchy isn't too well known. Neither are the Battle Isle games.

Go play those....
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Deus Ex! :D

Sorry. But I hold it as one of the best PC games ever made. Up there in the top 10, like a demi-god to Fallout's supreme power.

I'm installing it now; So that I can try all the mods that have recently been released..

I'll edit this post to tell you if they're any good.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

satanisgreat wrote:
Rayt wrote:No One Lives Forever. Fantastic game, brilliant atmosphere, tons of humour and yet hardly anyone played it.
I got it a couple weeks ago for 90 cents inside a tenpack. Funny you say that, because I plan on installing it in about half an hour.
It's worth that 90 cents I reckon :) One of the best FPS's I've played I must say
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Actually, Perfect Dark is more or less the same thing with the same graphics, only twice as more fun and with a lot more weapons as well.

The problem? Only on the N64.

Luckly, I own one.

Lucky me.
Hello New Jersey
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

undying?
:chew:
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

Gimp Mask wrote:
satanisgreat wrote:
It's worth that 90 cents I reckon :) One of the best FPS's I've played I must say
Yeah, it's pretty good. Doesn't run so well on my computer, though. Yes, my computer sucks that bad.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

T-900 wrote:Deus Ex! :D

Sorry. But I hold it as one of the best PC games ever made. Up there in the top 10, like a demi-god to Fallout's supreme power.
No.
Our Host!