Compare and Contrast

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

InvisibleMonkey wrote:Yeah, ok I see your point. But that is not what we where saying. I was just saying how the physics where good and so on ans so forth.
Short posts are ok, but usually short posts between 2 posters for a page is usually considered spam?
You know conversations should not be dictated. Have you ever really had a conversation that actually stayed "on topic" no, you'd always end up talking about something else eventually.
we dig it
Yeah, I understand why you need to block spam and stuff, but it's like the littlest thing and then I get scolded for just carrying on a conversation. That's what I have to say about this.
It's not the littlest thing because you keep fucking doing it. Why couldn't you say in one post about the detail in stalker instead of taking up loads of space with crap?

fiddy centz
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

Cause maybe I feel like what I say should not be dictated by a bunch of forum nazis who try to make it go there way. Maybe somebody should change the name of General Discussion...
Irony is a cruel, sadistic bitch.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

InvisibleMonkey wrote:Cause maybe I feel like what I say should not be dictated by a bunch of forum nazis who try to make it go there way. Maybe somebody should change the name of General Discussion...
excusé moi but what the fuck are you talking about? I don't think anyone minds if you post your opinions about STALKER or Doom III or whatever as long as you don't post them half a sentence at a time ::) Maybe somebody should teach you reading comprehension :lol: I demand a trial @ WASTELAND! Objection! Overruled!
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Well then just ignore me and proceed to be on topic, I am not forcing you to go as far off topic as possible... What does this Perpetual SDF mean

You know what I am just gonna shut up and stop talking cause someone is going to see this as spam and I am gonna get in trouble but everyone who has continued this conversation won't
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

you're a bit stupid eh? :lol: we don't mind if you go off-topic sometimes, that's what happens to trains, they de-rail. :wink: but going off-topic and condensing a paragraph into 30 posts is annoying :wink: so stop it :lol:
:chew:
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Ok, fine whatever. I don't really care anymore. What does thie Perpetual SDF thing mean ?
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

It means you suck.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

No seriously what does it mean, is that my permanent "ranking"? Can someone please tell me what it means? Hey, how come I have been scolded for going off topic and spamming but non of you have because you guys don't seem to be talking about Doom 3 graphics compared to HL2 or STALKER.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

For Invisible Monkey

Post by Insane-Lark »

InvisibleMonkey wrote:Ok why do you people think this is spam this is fucking ON TOPIC. You are just being assholes because you are mods and are making an accusation about past "disturbances" I believe this 'General Discussion' and yet you guys feel that you should have to regulate GENERAL DISCUSSION.
General Discussion is the social hub of DaC & is here to hold conversations that have a wide appeal to the membership. Bring up topics that not only interest you but that you believe have enough substance for others to sink their mental teeth into, ask for opinions on ideas or perhaps a bit of help discovering the answers to life the univese & everything inbetween. In general, have fun & amuse yourselves but do not post topics that may lose us our hosting or that serve no purpose other than to further your post count.

Have you conscidered that if folk in the moderating team & other forum members are constantly "after you" that there is a reason & it is that you are not using the forums in a socially acceptable way?
Megatron wrote:Short posts are ok, but usually short posts between 2 posters for a page is usually considered spam?
Megatron has hit the nail on the head here. One liner & short posts are ok at times but when they are a conversation for 2 or 3 people alone & are taking up pages of space they would be better served in a chat. I have previously mentioned this in a much friendlier fashion on the forums. Take a bit of time to think about what you wish to say & condence your ideas into an actual post instead of a page or two of one liners. We have a mIRC channel for chatter, if you read theForum Rules stickied at the top of GD you will find that most of this has already been covered.
Last edited by Insane-Lark on Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

That's all fine and stuff, but this isn't about post counts or me getting attention for my posts, I could care less about that stuff. It is about me enjoying MYSELF in making conversation with another person about something I enjoy. I have never had a problem with mods before in other boards..EVER. But here I find that you can't even have a simple discussion with another person without being yelled at. I'm sorry if oyu disagree but that's the way I feel about it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

like someone once said several times in a row: if you can't take the heat then get the fuck out of my momma's weed!
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

You ARE aware that if a mod disagrees with you on the rules, then maybe it's a good idea to start agreeing with the mod on said subject?

If you want this sort of conversations, then just take it to the IRC.

Unless they ban you for not liking you very much.
Hello New Jersey
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Yeah, I am aware of this and as far as I knew this conversation was over.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

InvisibleMonkey wrote:...as far as I knew this conversation was over.
Sounds like a capital idea!

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Our Host!