E-bay?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Darrenmckee
Regular
Regular
Location: On a beach in spain with a beautifal woman on my lap.

E-bay?

Post by Darrenmckee »

I live in ireland i am wondering.Can i still buy things on it even thought its in dollars and we use the euro?
IRA all the way fuck the queen and the UDA we are the Bhoys from south of the border so fuck the queen and the orange order.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Yes, well sorta. It varies from Seller to Seller. Its best to email them and ask. Chances are if they don't take the time to mail you back, its either a scam or they don't like the Irish. Just make sure you ask. You can also go to your bank and see if you can change Euros ((I thought all of the UK still used pounds....shows how much I know)). Try to work it out, most sellers are willing to work with you.
Harriers for the cup.
Darrenmckee
Regular
Regular
Location: On a beach in spain with a beautifal woman on my lap.

Post by Darrenmckee »

how do i know that when i send my money that they will send me the stuff.
IRA all the way fuck the queen and the UDA we are the Bhoys from south of the border so fuck the queen and the orange order.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Good Faith.
Edit: Actually you can check their rating out. If they have alot of positive ((Say above 500)) its very very very rare that they'll gip you.
Harriers for the cup.
NachoMonkey
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by NachoMonkey »

yep, im australian and i bought my girlfriend a rose charm necklace over ebay recently, its fully legit mate
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Re: E-bay?

Post by Ernesto »

Darrenmckee wrote:I live in ireland i am wondering.Can i still buy things on it even thought its in dollars and we use the euro?
Well, first you need a credit card. So unless you're 18, you're kind of screwed.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: E-bay?

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Mr. Green wrote:
Darrenmckee wrote:I live in ireland i am wondering.Can i still buy things on it even thought its in dollars and we use the euro?
Well, first you need a credit card. So unless you're 18, you're kind of screwed.
Theres actually a variety of ways to do it ((Although you still need a credit card to register)). I've never used my credit card over ebay because I use money orders. Cash also works but I wouldn't do that unless you trust the person. As a word of the wise, pay the extra 3 bucks for insurance. That way your seller can't claim that you lost it or something.
Harriers for the cup.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

hery

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

When using Ebay just make sure not to get screwed, people actually make a living off ebay by screwing people with fakes. Also when people get in trouble with the law they will sell all their evidence on ebay. It's a dirty place.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I once tried to sell someone's soul on ebay, but it was deleted and I was yelled at by ebay officials.
Harriers for the cup.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

hey

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I once tried to sell someone's soul on ebay, but it was deleted and I was yelled at by ebay officials.
I've been banned twice. lets leave it at that.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Try selling tubgirl on ebay he he
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

I have been screwed on ebay. I bought a bbgun from a guy and all was well till I got it. He never sent me the magazine. He wouldn't send one either. Then in my feedback he put that I never even paid for the gun which was a load of shit because he wanted paid before he sent it. Asshole.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I generally avoid using credit cards online, because you can never know where that number goes. Even if the business was legal, how can I be sure some hacker doesn't crack the database and get my number along thousands of others?

So I rather buy things online from domestic companies and get the product by mail. I give the money to the gal behind the desk (at the post office) and she gives me what I had ordered. Then the mail deliveres the money to whom I bought the thing.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Even if the business was legal, how can I be sure some hacker doesn't crack the database and get my number along thousands of others?
Because most shops don't store the cred card numbers and other sensitive stuff anywhere?
So I rather buy things online from domestic companies and get the product by mail. I give the money to the gal behind the desk (at the post office) and she gives me what I had ordered. Then the mail deliveres the money to whom I bought the thing.
You can save quite a bit of money ordering abroad... I saved about 200e when I bought my decks. Now I'm about to buy a new mixer, the price difference is almost 100e.
Also when ordering records for instance, Finland sucks in terms of availability (& price again)... I order my rekkids from the UK, and they usually arrive within a week or so. Haven't had any trouble shopping w/ plastik so far - I think you're a bit paranoid,
Our Host!