What game are you getting? >_<

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

What might you be getting?

Doom 3
6%
Half-life 2
39%
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
33%
Republic ;;;;DDDD
No votes
toee
14%
OTHER ;))))
8%

Total votes: 36

deadlus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by deadlus »

ToEE and HL2.
what are stalker's requirements?
or hl2's?
HL2 : 733mhz cpu, 128mb ram and a dx6 graphic card
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

This was directly taken from the STALKER FAQ:

"The minimal specifications for the game are:
P3-600 MHz/Athlon, 128 Mb RAM, GeForce 2 64 Mb (or analog).

Recommended specifications:
P3-1 GHz/Athlon, 256 Mb RAM, GeForce 3 64 Mb (or analog).
The peculiarities of hardware market for PC have set the following pattern for games: the weaker is the computer and the older is the video board, the less detailed game world and less effects the player can obtain. The more powerful computer and video board the player has, the greater detailing and more eye candy he can get. But in both of the options, no gameplay differences are imposed.

Video board generations GeForce 2, GeForce 3, GeForce 4, GeForce FX and their analogues have drastic differences, as in architecture, so as in possibilities. That's why, the more technologically advanced video board you have, the more visual effects you can get. For example, effects based on pixel and vertex shaders can be seen only with boards starting from GerForce 3, such as beautiful water surfaces (pixel shaders). On GeForce 2 you will have water too, but that done only with an animated texture.

Owners of GeForce FX class video boards will see dynamic light sources and soft (!) dynamic shadows, cast from everything onto everything (!), as well as bump-mapping on all the surfaces, which at least excels the technology of Doom 3. Players with video boards of the previous generations will see a simplified model of dynamic lighting and shadows, which, for instance, can be seen in PC version of Silent Hill 2.
In the options menu you will see graphical settings you can adjust to attain a desired correlation of detailing and effects to performance, or, by pressing a correspondent key, you will let the game make the adjustment automatically."

Even though there has been much talk on the STALKER forums that tell me that playing with a Radeon card will be no different than play with a Nvidia card. The only reason they are using GeForce cards as an example is because NVIDIA is a sponsor.

(Radeon cards are better.)
Killa-Killa
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Killa-Killa »

Spazmo wrote:Conclusion: GameSpy is a bunch of weenies.
On everything but downloads, yes. My friends and I pool the money for use of the "good" servers (no waits, faster download). Of course, the free ones blow.

And Deadlus: the HL2 real requirements for smooth gameplay is probobly going to be up around P4(NOT celerons) 2.0Ghz, >127Mb/8x GF4, >511 DDR 333. Of course, valve still wants you guys to play the game at 0.75 FPS.

Of course I could be wrong, but watching that trailer makes me think otherwise... ( realise that all the settings are at max on trailers)
EDIT:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:Even though Nvidia paid them off, Radeon cards are better.
The bold is what I added, to ease confusion.
EDIT 2: And I voted for HL2, will get stalker and Theif 3. Maybe the others depending on what I hear.
KillaKilla's logic:
FOT and FO: BOS weren't FO at all!........... 1. I am nobody
DOGMEAT is God. Never dispute this!........ 2. Nobody is perfect
Up and coming hardware nerd.................. 3. Hence I am perfect
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Killa-Killa wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:Even though Nvidia paid them off, Radeon cards are better.
The bold is what I added, to ease confusion.
Very true. Actually, a lot of the developers used Radeon cards in the earlier stages of development, then NVIDIA hopped on-board, so they switched.
Our Host!